• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 06:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 111
Total: 112

Happy March

Started by wsantia1, March 01, 2021, 09:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I am so happy that March has arrived. Even though this winter has been mostly mild for us in this area, February was a brutal month that closed with a weekend of steady rain. That rain comes to an end in a little while.

I got an early jump on paying my first of the month bills so I don't have that to worry about.  I still have work to do in the fishroom as usual and the shrimp tank will get some extra attention.

I can't wait until Friday when I am scheduled to get my second Covid shot. I am soooo ready for it.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

March has started with a whimper.  It's too cool for the shorts and T shirt I'm wearing, overcast, and drizzly.  It suits my mood, though.

I was already angry with the current affairs with the USPS.  I ship my Black Rams Express during the cold months unless they're going south which is rare.  I took 2 boxes to ship.  One poor customer had been waiting for over a week because I couldn't ship last week due to the storm.  The lady said they'd no longer guarantee the shipping unless the box was lost.  They are still blaming it on the storm!!!  I've been watching the weather in the places the fish are going.  It continue to get warmer.  Everything should be fine now.  I didn't rant and rave or anything.  It's not the poor post office lady's fault.

Then I went to the back to get $50. to have money in my wallet.  I'm overdrawn.  Damn me.  I forgot about an automatic payment to my internet provider.  I covered it.  Thank God I had money left in my Paypal account.

But there is one shining bright spot.  Before all the bad stuff happened I asked Miranda to order my lights.  I had an email waiting for me when I got home. They have been ordered and they're on the way.  I'm excited.

Glad to have ended this on a happy note.  I put myself in a good mood!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie, I am glad to have Feb. end and March start.  It was a hard month for me.  I also like to get all my bills paid the first week of the month, then 3 weeks with none!  Very nice.  I get my second shot Mar. 12, just hope you and I have no reaction, I hear it is more possible with the second shot since it is a stronger dose.  Glad to hear your Java Moss is doing well, perhaps too well??  All the "ton" of it I have grown over the years started with about a teaspoon of it in a little bag with red shrimp I ordered from a guy in TX about 8 or more years ago.  I just wish other aquarium plants would do as well for me, but they don't since they hate my tap water with a ph of about 9.  Only the moss likes it.  Java Fern does OK, but not like the moss.
Barb

Barb

Hi Liz,  glad to hear about the lights, sorry about USPS, they always disapppoint me now.  I usually use UPS, they are quite good.  It is warm but cloudy and rainy today.  I so want sun. what a Winter this has been.  I will call you soon.
Barb