• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:21:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Good Friday Afternoon

Started by wsantia1, February 26, 2021, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hey everyone. It's a nice sunny day here in the First State as we continue to thaw out from last week's Snow and Ice Storms. The rain moves in tonight and  will last until Sunday afternoon so maybe the snow will be totally gone by Sunday evening.

I'm hanging out in the fishroom just trying to strategize on what's next for the fish. At the moment they are all looking well and all eating well so it may be time to start trying to pair some up. Maybe I will try something next week.

I hope you all have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon Willie, Ron, and Barb.  It is a wonderful day in the high 70's today.

My big news is that I got a bag of Yellow Shrimp from Ron.  They're mostly hiding in my mountain of Subwassertang but they'll come out and hit the food soon enough.  Thank you, Ron.  I love them.  I had only one yellow shrimp left she's a huge female.

I sold another 2 pairs of Black Rams on AB.  I'll ship 2 orders for a total of 6 pairs Monday.  Once I hear that they're arrived alive and well, I'll have enough money to buy 6 of Marinda's Finnex Vivid lights.  I need better quality lights so badly.  I've been relying on some cheap LED's and flurescents that don't enhance the colors of the fish like the Vivid lights do.

I just finished a lovely meal of Blackened Catfish with a Shrimp Etouffee sauce and topped it off with a couple of my Nutella fudge brownies.  I'm full as a tick and ready for a nap.

Barb, I hope you've had a pleasant reflective day on what would have been your and Bill's 50th.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Barb I second Liz. I hope your day was filled with happy thoughts of your near 50 years with Bill.
Willie

Ron Sower

...hello friends..

...we got our first covid vaccine shots today...a month from now is our second...
...I didn't get to the lights in Lucys' room yesterday but I did get the wires on 2 of them extended by splicing a section into the existing one...Lucy's gone with Barb shopping so I'm waiting for her to get home to actually place them in the ceiling so there's no chance I'd have to take them down and redo them...! :D

...I'm so glad that your shrimp arrived alive and well, Liz!...Barb and Willie when you're ready, let me know...just pay the postage for me...

...just did a WC on the Tetra/rasbora tank.........Wow!...glad I just typed that! ...I had the refill pump going and realized I wasn't paying attention to the filling!...jumped up and got cut it off just in time to prevent overflow!!!...already had one this week in my RO reservoir...the cutoff valve didn't shut off completely and it went overnight ...it was a slow drip though...I have a 5g bucket to collect that much if that happens but this went all night...! wfwf  aaarrrrrgh!...oh well...I figured the laminate floors in here would eventually look like s#@t, and they're headed that way now!!  huh  ...whadyagonnado?... huh

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Barb, this was a commemorative day that I hope you were able to cherish even without Bill there physically...had you in my thoughts...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thank you for all the kind thoughts my friends.  I had a pretty good day. My daughter sent me the most beautiful bouquet in all my favorite colors, and a happy anniversary card.  It was a lovely surprise when the doorbell rang.     And my ailing neighbor now has her daughter from MD there with her to take over care.  It was just me for 48 hrs, she was bedridden the whole time.  And I have my mom taken care of as far as no microwave anymore. 

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Baqrb

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 26, 2021, 05:57:59 PM
...hello friends..

...we got our first covid vaccine shots today...a month from now is our second...
...I didn't get to the lights in Lucys' room yesterday but I did get the wires on 2 of them extended by splicing a section into the existing one...Lucy's gone with Barb shopping so I'm waiting for her to get home to actually place them in the ceiling so there's no chance I'd have to take them down and redo them...! :D

...I'm so glad that your shrimp arrived alive and well, Liz!...Barb and Willie when you're ready, let me know...just pay the postage for me...

...just did a WC on the Tetra/rasbora tank.........Wow!...glad I just typed that! ...I had the refill pump going and realized I wasn't paying attention to the filling!...jumped up and got cut it off just in time to prevent overflow!!!...already had one this week in my RO reservoir...the cutoff valve didn't shut off completely and it went overnight ...it was a slow drip though...I have a 5g bucket to collect that much if that happens but this went all night...! wfwf  aaarrrrrgh!...oh well...I figured the laminate floors in here would eventually look like s#@t, and they're headed that way now!!  huh  ...whadyagonnado?... huh

Hey Ron. Do you have Bloody Mary's? I mean shrimp not drinks. :D  I already have yellow shrimp.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 27, 2021, 11:27:44 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on February 26, 2021, 05:57:59 PM
...hello friends..

Hey Ron. Do you have Bloody Mary's? I mean shrimp not drinks. :D  I already have yellow shrimp.
...Yes...nice ones....but the colony has had attrition and I'm seeing some berried females right now so I think they are coming back...let's chat in a month...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron