• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

A thrilling Thursday!

Started by Ron Sower, February 25, 2021, 12:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Hey Hey Hey...! Lucy just got us lined up for the vaccine tomorrow!...it's been a pain trying to get an appt somewhere...somone posted on our community FB page that a local hospital had appt available and Lucy called, got a message  that they would call back...well, we figured that wouldn't happen....BUT within 3 minutes or so, they called back and it got done! |^| |^| |^|

...temps today are about 10 cooler than yesterday...only going to be 68...clear skies and clear air...

...a lady came by a little bit ago and bought some plants and I gave her a couple Taiwan lilies...she'd never had them before...they're an easy and interesting plant...they reproduce like the indoor Piggy-Back Plant used for hanging baskets many years ago...new plantlets form at the junction of the leaf blade and petiole....

...Water change on the tetra/rasbora tank is due today...and I didn't get to the lights for Lucy's craft room yesterday...got a haircut and went to Wallyworld to get something on my phone working right instead...

..take care!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Ron, Liz and Willie, seems we all have things going on.  Congrats on your first shot appt. Ron, I got mine last week and the next one in 2 weeks.  Hope you don't have to drive as far as I did for it.  I spent yesterday, and so far today, taking care of my mom and neighbor.  My mom had a fire in her microwave,she is unhurt, but new ways of doing kitchen things will be started.  no more microwave for her,  all her fault due to eyesight, and my neighbor is confined to bed with no care except mine.  Hope her daughter will be here soon.  Other things I had planned are undone.  But no matter what,  tomorrow is my day to celebrate what would have been Bill and my 50th anniversary.  I plan to do something special, no senior citizens will keep me from it.  They can fend for themselves or call 911.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Everyone is in a good mood today and I am, too. 

I woke up so see a question about my Ram auctions.  He said that he didn't live far and would like to visit.  That is so cool.  I didn't think that there was anyone in my State who even knew what a Ram is!  I can't wait to hear back from him.  I hope I will be able to develop a friendship with a local fish person.

I did a dog for a good customer who waits and we chat as I do Pepper, the little poodle.   We both enjoy the time talking about whatever.  He and I can even talk politics and generally take different sides and nothing but a friendly chat where we both get to see where the other is coming from.  That is very rare these days...I allowed him to buy a pint jar of my dried herbs.  I never do that, but this guy I trust.  It's nice to have the extra money because I'm saving up for 6 expensive LED's.  Miranda at Chicago Discus has them drop shipped to me at cost because we're friends even though we've met only once.

I got my weekly large WC on my office tanks and my two Betta tanks in the grooming room.  I saw a daddy albino snot guarding eggs.  I already have growouts from 4 spawns of various snots.  I have a market for them.  I wish they didn't grow so slowly.

I'll finish off the rest of my Asian chicken recipe as soon as it warms  and the rice is ready.  Tomorrow I'm considering blackened catfish filets with a shrimp etouffee sauce.  I have the shrimp on the freezer and catfish filets are cheap here because they're farmed in Mississippi.  They're kind of like the fish version of chicken.  Catfish doesn't have much flavor but when it's seasoned and cooked correctly you can make it shine.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I've been in the northern part of the state getting a haircut and picking up a referral from my doctor for the foot doctor.

Of course now that I have the referral my foot stopped hurting. I will still see the foot doctor because if I don't go the foot will surely start hurting again.

I've been doing deep cleanings in my tanks and squeezing the sponges on my filters. I hate sponge squeezing and unlike water changes I think my fish don't like it much either.

Today's weather was a little colder than yesterday but still a great day with plenty of sunshine. I'll probably be taking a nice walk around the neighborhood in a little while. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.