• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 07:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

Tuesday's here

Started by Barb, February 23, 2021, 07:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning my friends, it is so foggy here I can't see past my backyard fence, and it is only 75' behind my house.  But suny and 40 degrees, so not too bad.  Lots of birds at my feeders too.  I spent most of yesterday being a helper to my mom and my neighbor.  Today I have the day to myself.  I have lots of plans for the day but first a check up at my Dr.s office, on the local Marine base where I get most of my care.  Military health care is great!  Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

Ron Sower

...good morning folks....

...we're looking at another sunny 78 here today...sure is nice weather...hope you guys get some warming soon...yes, Willie, spring will get here...it always does! ;) ;)

...Last couple days have been really good weather for me to work on my dragonstone...my little work area is outside at the back of our carport...the one I finished and the next 2 I've started are all for large tanks...they present more of a challenge with the weight and support issues...but I'm figuring these things out...sometimes I have to disassemble the rock, clean off the glue/epoxy, and start over on parts of them...

...the patio area we finished off has been nice...we've been eating lunches there and had friends over to visit there...this is getting a little closer to what we had down in Florence...I really liked our setup there...mostly outdoor entertaining...

...today is soup and sandwich day...we pay in advance and pick it up and take it out from the clubhouse...Lucy helps Barb on these days...I go later so that the four of us eat ours together out on the patio by the pool...

...Barb, what branch of the military were you in?...how many years?....

...I hope all of you have a good day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning Muggy friends.  I feel like Spring has arrived.  It will hit 70 later today.

USPS shipping is going through a hard time with the weather.  I shipped an Express box to PA yesterday and they couldn't give me a for sure delivery date.  The fish were packed and ready to go so I took a chance and shipped yesterday.  I have one going to CT tomorrow and I called to see if it would be the same deal with that box.  They said yes and suggested that I wait until next week.  I can't take a chance with that box because the lady's buying 4 pairs.  It's frustrating to me as well as the understanding lady who is wanting them.  Oh well...

I'll be doing my gourmet cooking today but afterward plan to play outside.  I still not gotten to filling in the huge holes I dug to drain the water from the broken pipe.  I had an excuse because my back had been treating me badly.  No excuses today, though.

Willie, it's a shame you don't like leftovers.  We didn't eat leftovers much when I was growing up but now that I'm alone I don't think I could live without them.  There's nothing better knowing that I have a freezer full of good eats.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 23, 2021, 11:27:12 AM
Good morning Muggy friends.  I feel like Spring has arrived.  It will hit 70 later today.

USPS shipping is going through a hard time with the weather.  I shipped an Express box to PA yesterday and they couldn't give me a for sure delivery date.  The fish were packed and ready to go so I took a chance and shipped yesterday.  I have one going to CT tomorrow and I called to see if it would be the same deal with that box.  They said yes and suggested that I wait until next week.  I can't take a chance with that box because the lady's buying 4 pairs.  It's frustrating to me as well as the understanding lady who is wanting them.  Oh well...

I'll be doing my gourmet cooking today but afterward plan to play outside.  I still not gotten to filling in the huge holes I dug to drain the water from the broken pipe.  I had an excuse because my back had been treating me badly.  No excuses today, though.

Willie, it's a shame you don't like leftovers.  We didn't eat leftovers much when I was growing up but now that I'm alone I don't think I could live without them.  There's nothing better knowing that I have a freezer full of good eats.
...Here's where Lucy and I have a serious difference...she's like Willie...I'm like you...we always have leftovers in the fridge because I don't like tossing out good food...then when they turn into science projects all fuzzy and blue, white or black, THEN, we throw them out! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Ron, I was in the AirForce for 4 years, but Bill was in for 20, which I why I get full benefits for life.  Sure am glad he finished the 20 years, which is what is needed to receive full benefits for life, and now I keep on getting them. My appt. with a Navy Dr. went well and he spent 30 min with me just going over my charts and deciding what to give me for BP. I am very healthy.
Barb

wsantia1

Hello everyone. I am late to the party today but I have an excuse. Went to get an x-ray on my ailing left heel and like I suspected I have Plantar Fasciitis. It hurts like hell when I get up from a resting position and plant the foot on the floor. Once the tendon loosens up it feels ok.

It's been hurting for a couple of weeks so I called my my doctor yesterday and he sent me for an x-ray. He will probably refer me to a podiatrist tomorrow.

It is currently 53 degrees under sunny skies here. We are at our high temp but the snow is melting and that's a good thing.

We will get up to 60+ tomorrow but it will rain most of the day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on February 23, 2021, 01:49:10 PM
Hi Ron, I was in the AirForce for 4 years, but Bill was in for 20, which I why I get full benefits for life.  Sure am glad he finished the 20 years, which is what is needed to receive full benefits for life, and now I keep on getting them. My appt. with a Navy Dr. went well and he spent 30 min with me just going over my charts and deciding what to give me for BP. I am very healthy.
Barb
...the service you and Bill put in was a boon for you now...we have friends who are a couple that were in the Air Force and Lucy's cousin and wife who were in the Air Force and retired...their health care benefits have been very good for them as the years have gone by...in both couples there have been at least one who has had serious debilitating medical conditions and they seem to have had excellent care all these years...

...I'm glad you have that care...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron