• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 85
Total: 86

ICY Friday

Started by wsantia1, February 19, 2021, 07:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It looks like another day of being inside all day as the freezing rain has glazed over the snow leaving the roads and sidewalks as slippery as ice skating rinks.

The precip is supposed to stop at 3 pm and then I'll be able go outside to see what I will have to deal with. I will not even try to mess with this stuff until then.

For now I will just putz in the fishroom and look at all of the stuff that I have to do but that I won't do because I have to save my energy for if and when I have to work outside.

I also have Vikki visiting here the from DC Metro area where she lives. She'll be here until Sunday. We sure picked a hell of a week for her visit but the weather conditions are just as bad in DC.

Hopefully everyone has a better day than me.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Hello Gang!...

...Liz, that water pipe break is a PITA...I hope you got it fixed good...That mud and muck isn't something I would cherish working in at all...
...Willie...the back...take care of it...
...Barb, how did you manage to escape the ice and snow?...I'm happy you have no effects from the shot...

...Today is light-house-cleaning-day...Stan and Barb are coming to play cards this afternoon...gotta get some grapes to snack on while we play...also, need to run by USPS to get a box to ship out a Dragonstone feature that I just finished...It's a large one...And I'm bagging some plants for my eBay guy to pick up today...

...our current 39F temp will rise to 71 later today with nice clear skies...and the the rest of next week is going to be back in the 70s...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's a lovely sunny day out today.  It will warm up to a balmy 40.  As soon as I get my lazy ass dressed, I'm headed to the feed store.  The horse used up her last feed this morning, and the wild birds are going thorough their black oil sunflower seeds like I've never seen before.  So many purple finches suddenly showed up at the feeder.  My neighbor said the same thing.  It's a beautiful and unusual sight.  We don't get them here often.

I'll do some house cleaning later.  The place isn't a dump yet, but I've been neglecting it during hibernation.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everyone, today is more rain and cold, but just above freezing so nothing frozen.  I bet we have had over 12" of rain in the last few days.  Has been pouring for hours so far today.  We may have some sun tomorrow but  still cold, with lows in the 20's.  What a Winter!  Have to go help my mom almost daily now.  Her eyesight is a real problem and nothing can be done for it.  I will go water all my violets now, that takes 2-3 hrs.  Then Discus tank wc.  You all take things easy,
Barb