• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 130
Total: 131

Hi on Tuesday

Started by Barb, February 16, 2021, 06:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

First of all, how is it there Liz?  Hope you aren't too bad?  How is it your way Willie?  And I'm sure Ron is fine in nice weather. Here it is finally a bit sunny and not too cold.  But so wet and soggy after many days of rain.

Tomorrow I will be driving 300 miles roundtrip to get my first covid shot at UNC in Chapel Hill, where my daughter lives and works.  She found a few appts. available for 2 days this week and I snapped one up.  I am so tired of calling our health dept daily here for one, and always the same thing, no more vaccines this week, call back next week.  It will be worth the drive.  And I will have lunch with my daughter before I drive home.  You all have a good day!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  The critters and I survived tucked into bed nice and toasty warm.  The power never went out, thank God.  It got down to 12 degrees!!!!!!!  In all the years I've lived here the lowest it ever went down to is 17 and that was so rare I remember it today. 

I went out to feed the horse.  The song birds have been hitting the feeder in a big way so I put another scoop of black oil sunflower seeds for them.  The Purple Finches and Gold Finches were on it immediatly.  Since nobody had access to water I poured a bucket of hot water in a frozen buddle for the chickens and wild birds.   It will get up to 37 today but then drop down to the 20's again. I will continue to hibernate.

Congrats on the appt, Barb.  I just checked the DOH website and for the first time have been able to make an appt. for my jab.  I'll be going March 8th.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and Liz and everyone. It's great to hear that you ladies have gotten your appointments for your first Covid shots. I had no reaction at all to the shot I got on 2/5. I am scheduled to get my second shot (Moderna) on 3/5.

Liz, I checked your weather this morning when you were at 17 degrees. I don't know if your temp was on the way up or down from the 12 degree mark you hit. It great hear that your power stayed on and that were able to stay warm.  With all of the bad weather that we've had here this month our temps have never gotten that low.

We are currently at 43 degrees and going up to 50+. This will allow for what's left of the snow on the ground to melt so we can hopefully be better prepared for the 5 to 8 inches of snow that we will get on Thursday. huh

I have housework to do today. Vikki is coming tomorrow for the weekend. She is Covid free now and just needs to get away for a few days. The least I can do is have a clean house when she comes. All bets are off for the fishroom though. No matter how much I clean it I just mess it back up within minutes.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.