• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Monday misery

Started by LizStreithorst, February 15, 2021, 09:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's 32 and raining.  It will get colder as the day goes on.  I can snuggle up all day in the fish room.  I just hope ice doesn't accumulate on the power lines causing a power outage.  I went out earlier to feed the horse and put a couple of heat lamps in the chicken house.  I doubt they'll sleep inside, but they eat in there so they will learn the warmth is there if they care to make use of it.  Hope y'all all have a better day that the one here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...39 and slightly cloudy sky right now...it will rise to a chilly, but not freezing-a** cold, 65 as the day goes on...

...hope all had a decent Valentine's day...we had a McDonald's sausage McMuffin and then shopped around at an antique mall that was new to us...hit the Dollar Tree and a produce market...came back and worked on the d-stone for an hour and then we made enchiladas and guacamole dip for dinner...

...today?...WC on the Congo tank...I'm frustrated with the new Prizm lights I bought...they are very strong and I'm having to wipe down algae more often than I used to...I got some direction from a fellow who's pretty good with them, so I'll start the changes today...

...Liz, I hope you don't freeze...did Miss Chickie show up yet?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

No Miss Chickie to be found  wfwf

wsantia1

Good morning Liz, Ron, Barb and everyone. Today is thaw out Monday for me. We've been in the mid 30s since yesterday but there is still snow/ice still on the ground.

Today we will get as high as 37 degrees before the rain starts around 5:00 pm. The good news is the temps will continue to climb overnight so everything won't freeze up overnight.

Liz I am so sorry to hear that Ms. Chickie has not returned home. I'm hoping for the best.

Liz sometime today I will try to get some pics of the Rams so that maybe you can tell me what genders I have. I either  have 1 female and 4 males or 2 females and three males. huh

I am a lousy picture taker and that's probably because I have lousy vision. huh

Have a great day everyone

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Freezing rain now.  Ice is starting to form on the tree branches and twigs.  I think I'll retreat to the fish room.

Barb

Hi everybody, sorry to hear of all the lousy weather around the country now.  Liz hang in there and hope for no power outage for you!  You have it the worst of us 4 right now for sure.  Here just more gray, some rain and cold, 40.  Have not seen sun for a week!  This is unusual for here.

I need to help my mom almost daily this week, several appts.  At least she got her first vaccine last week, I am still waiting. I have tank work to do today, fish and plant tanks.  You all take care,
Barb

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron