• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 01:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Snowy Saturday

Started by Barb, February 13, 2021, 06:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

For some of you, but not here.  Just cold and rainy.  I see we may not have a rainless day until next Saturday.   It will be awhile until I get a carwash, my new car is so dirty.  I will try to capture 6 blue shrimp tonight, as Ron suggested.  Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi Barb and everyone. After a quiet day yesterday we are in for another mess today. It will be a snow/rain mix instead of straight snow as it was on Thursday. The bad part will happen when that rain freezes up.

I will be putting down some ice melt around my property but that won't do anything for the streets and roads so I plan to stay off of them. It's ironic that now that I've had my first Covid-19 shot that I am still trapped in my house. Now it's due to the inclement weather.

The fishroom has been getting a lot of my attention but I have to be careful that I don't do too much too quickly with my fish's environment. Things like moving fish around sometimes do not work out in the fish's favor so I have to be more careful when I make those kinds of changes.

I'm wishing everyone has a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello folks...low 70s here today and windy...tomorrow starts in the 60s for several days....brrrr! :D :D :D

...I got the Uniheats today, Liz, and will get yellows out on Monday...
re
...went to an upscale thrift store today so Linda/Lucy could get some crafting paper at .10 per sheet...I found 4 books to read and we got a $5 opaque projector we'll use to make figures for the Christmas golf cart competition...she also got some really nice candle sticks for the top of her armoire that really look nice...a nice surprise was that this was half price day |^| |^| |^| |^| ....

... I worked a bit on the dragonstone for the birthday gal and started cleaning rock for my next custom order I received...both of these are going to be approx 2.3 feet across...the birthday one is one I'm going to have to ship...that will create a a packing challenge...but, hey!...my company I owned sold packaging supplies and did some contract shipping...so I think I can get it...if my memory still works! :D

...Anyone have Cane's Chicken Fingers fast food there? ...I've only seen them here in Az...ate lunch there today...the very best juicy and tender chicken I've had...went out of our coming home today for lunch there....that's all they cook along with fries....they've nailed it...! |^|

...I think I'll go start the biography on Teddy Roosevelt...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Ron, Liz is in the deep freeze, better check with her before you send those shrimp to her.  Sending you her  her phone # in a PM here.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb's right, Ron.  It's not the cold so much as the possibility of snow and ice.  We're not equipped for that down south here.  If you could wait until Saturday to ship it would be better.

Willie, I'm sorry about mama ram.  What about the other pair.  If they haven't started spawning yet, I might have sent you 2 of the same sex.  Could you post pics of them.  I'll send you another ram free of charge if I made a mistake sexing them.
Always move forward. Never look back.