• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:45:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Frigid Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, February 12, 2021, 08:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I suppose I shouldn't complain.  After all, I don't live in Delaware like poor Willie.  It won't get out of the 30's today but at that's nothing compared to what will come early next week.  Are you digging out or hibernating, Willie?

I have to go to Hattiesburg to the vet for Tink's meds.  While I'm there I'll go by the LFS.  I have 5 dozen eggs for Twee.  I'll take a bunch of Red Rili shrimp and some water lettuce, too.  Next, I'll go to the big fancy Corner Market where I always spend too much money and stock up on food so I won't have to venture out when the roads are icy.

The Cedar Wax wings must have called in reinforcements because the Holly tree out front is almost devoid of berries.  Still no sign of Miss Chickie.  If she doesn't show up I guess I'll have to start fearing the worst.

Barb, how are your neighbor, your mother, and your shoulder?  Hoping for the best.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. I just got finished doing my water changes and mopping the basement floor due to the bi-monthly flood that I get when I don't pay enough attention to what I am doing.

While we got a good bit of snow yesterday things would have gone much smoother had the HOA been better prepared and started the dig out process as soon as it stopped snowing.

The temps got higher which caused a thaw and when nightfall came everything froze up and left us with a lot of ice and frozen snow.

Luckily for me I have a new neighbor who shoveled out all of my entryway and most of my sidewalk. I She is a hell of a worker and I thanked her multiple times yesterday. What's funny is that she apologized to me for invading my space. huh

Today I will go buy her a bottle of Fireball which is what she drinks. It seems like she and her wife are going be great neighbors.

I finished my sidewalk and since I am on a corner lot I had to do the side of the house also. The HOA only did my driveway and they messed that up leaving behind a big sheet of ice. Maybe it was a good thing that they did not do more. >:( 

Liz I'm sorry to hear that Ms. Chickie has not returned. Hopefully she will find her way home.  Liz on a good note it looks like my Pitch Black/Gold Ram fry are doing well so far as they are ready to graduate to a larger tank. mim The bad news is that their mother passed away. :(
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hi all...today and tomorrow it'll be in the low 70s here...then 5 days of the cold mid 60s...shiver... ;)...then back to the 70s...

...my ebay guy just left after picking up some plants he has orders for...in a day or 2, a deposit will show up in my paypal account......I never know ahead of time how much it will be, but I don't care...I just need a place to get rid of extra plants...and I don't have to pack, label or ship them!... |^|

...we need to have another swap meet, but I can't think of a good place to hold one without having Covid concerns...Maybe the week after the 60s temps would be good for an outdoor one...

...we have Ron and his lady friend coming cards this afternoon...spent a lot of yesterday cleaning house :'( ...not my favorite chores...but I did give all the sinks and toilets a good cleaning...! |^|

...Willie, I hope you're careful in the snow...don't screw up your back...Good neighbors are fabulous...and, sorry about mama ram...

...Liz...that Miss Chickie must be pretty stupid to leave your cuddling care even for 15 minutes! huh...what's up with her anyway?...

...gotta go shuffle cards...we use 6 decks per game...and 3 games per match...thankfully we have a battery powered shuffler and a brand new one for backup...

...Good day, all!....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Liz, Willie and Ron, sounds like you are all keeping busy!  Liz I don't think you have ever been colder than me, I wonder if all that is coming here?  Just miserable rain and cold here today and for days to come.  May see the sun next Wed. they say.  My  mom is needing more and more help, I go almost daily now.  My neighbor is OK for the present and my shoulder is much better, thanks for asking. 

I need to figure out how to get 6 blue shrimp out of my heavily planted 5 gal tank to put in another one with their siblings.  Any suggestions?  I really don't want to tear it all apart.  My Betta will have that tank to himself.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on February 12, 2021, 03:31:57 PM
Hi Liz, Willie and Ron, sounds like you are all keeping busy!  Liz I don't think you have ever been colder than me, I wonder if all that is coming here?  Just miserable rain and cold here today and for days to come.  May see the sun next Wed. they say.  My  mom is needing more and more help, I go almost daily now.  My neighbor is OK for the present and my shoulder is much better, thanks for asking. 

I need to figure out how to get 6 blue shrimp out of my heavily planted 5 gal tank to put in another one with their siblings.  Any suggestions?  I really don't want to tear it all apart.  My Betta will have that tank to himself.
Barb
...get a small jar/bottle with a narrow neck....drop some shrimp food in it and lay it on its side on the substrate at night and check it early in the morning...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks Ron, I will try this tonight and let you know how it goes.