• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 01:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Saturday Eve

Started by LizStreithorst, February 05, 2021, 07:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Morning friends.  Today will be more fun than yesterday now that the dread thorny rose has been tamed.  I have these fabulous over the elbow leather rose pruning gloves so I didn't get any thorns in my hands and arms.  My thighs took a bit of a beating though.  The thorns went right through my denim work jeans.

Brian, a buddy from Simply will be stopping by soon on his way home to Kansas.  I think he'll pick up a couple pairs of Rams.  Afterwards I'll be headed to the LPS, and the big fine supermarket in the same mall, then the feed store, then back home.

We had a bit of rain last night but today will be nice with a high in the mid 50's.

I think I may have bronchitis.  I'm not sure because I've never had it before.  I'll see how things go over the weekend before I make an appointment with the doctor.

Hope all of you have a nice day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. The sun is finally out here. It's been at least a week since it's last been around. It is currently 41 degrees and it will be getting up to 50 by this afternoon. When I got up it was raining but that has now moved out over the ocean and things will be quiet around here for a couple of days.

I didn't sleep well last night probably because of anxiety about my upcoming Covid-19 shot today. I did get a very short nap in after I came back from the park so I am now good to go.

Shrimp tank water changes are on the agenda today but we will see if I am up to it later. My yellow shrimp have been very productive these days and I stopped trying to count the babies because there are so many of them.

I have small ones and really small (new born) ones all crammed into a 5.5 gallon tank. I think I will be moving them into at least a 10g very soon.

I will report out later on how my shot goes. One good thing is I am getting the shot at a pharmacy and not in a parking lot or an arena where you have to sit around for hours waiting on your turn to be vaccinated

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie , my laptop is really acting up, I think it is worn out.  It has been cold and raining all day.  No sun at all.  Tomorrow is supposed to be better.  Hope you do just fine with your vac. tomorrow Willie.  And Liz I hope you feel better soon.  If not, a Dr. visit is a good idea like you said.  May just need an antibiotic.  My Orchidarium is finished, will take and show a pic soon.  Willie, save me a few yellow shrimp for Spring.
Barb   

Ron Sower

...hi guys and gals...

...I think I missed here yesterday...days just run together...we took a really nice boat ride on the Dolly on Canyon Lake yesterday afternoon...saw a bunch of bighorn sheep...met some really nice people from Michigan who are grudigningly heading back there in a few days,,,they're liking our weather here...!

...all's good with fish, shrimp and plants...finally getting rid of the last of the plants from the big cleanout last week...lady is coming by this in about 10 minutes for them...

...I'm ready to ship some yellow shrimp now...Liz, again would you tell me the heat packs you use, Please?...Barb, you want some now?...weather's not too cold there now is it?...Willie, how about you?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

No thanks Ron, big cold heading here in a cou;le days.  Better wait until April. 

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on February 05, 2021, 04:54:29 PM
Hi Liz and Willie , my laptop is really acting up, I think it is worn out.  It has been cold and raining all day.  No sun at all.  Tomorrow is supposed to be better.  Hope you do just fine with your vac. tomorrow Willie.  And Liz I hope you feel better soon.  If not, a Dr. visit is a good idea like you said.  May just need an antibiotic.  My Orchidarium is finished, will take and show a pic soon.  Willie, save me a few yellow shrimp for Spring.
Barb   

Hey Barb. My vaccination was yesterday and everything went smoothly. I even got an appointment in 4 weeks for my second dose. It's the Maderna vac. Aside from some slight soreness at the injection site I have no negative issues from the vac. Barb, I will definitely have some yellow shrimp for you by the spring.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 05, 2021, 06:21:43 PM
...hi guys and gals...

...I think I missed here yesterday...days just run together...we took a really nice boat ride on the Dolly on Canyon Lake yesterday afternoon...saw a bunch of bighorn sheep...met some really nice people from Michigan who are grudigningly heading back there in a few days,,,they're liking our weather here...!

...all's good with fish, shrimp and plants...finally getting rid of the last of the plants from the big cleanout last week...lady is coming by this in about 10 minutes for them...

...I'm ready to ship some yellow shrimp now...Liz, again would you tell me the heat packs you use, Please?...Barb, you want some now?...weather's not too cold there now is it?...Willie, how about you?

Ron, it looks like I will have a ton of yellow shrimp soon but I am still interested in the Bloody Mary shrimp. I think we will need to wait a little bit longer for shipping purposes.
Willie

LizStreithorst

...hi guys and gals...

Ron, if you're only shipping to me and a few others I can send you some heat packs.  If you plan on doing more shipping in the winter months the best ones are ProHeat 72 hr heat packs.  BTW, they last for years if left unopened.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 06, 2021, 10:36:06 AM
...hi guys and gals...

Ron, if you're only shipping to me and a few others I can send you some heat packs.  If you plan on doing more shipping in the winter months the best ones are ProHeat 72 hr heat packs.  BTW, they last for years if left unopened.
...after quick online search I can only find Uniheat 72 hr packs...If you would send me 2 that will take care of you and Barb...Willie seems to be okay with his shrimp ATM...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm mistaken, Ron.  They are Uniheat heat packs.  But I can still send you a few if you like.  No sense in buying them if you're not planning on doing more shipping.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 06, 2021, 10:54:37 AM
I'm mistaken, Ron.  They are Uniheat heat packs.  But I can still send you a few if you like.  No sense in buying them if you're not planning on doing more shipping.
...no problem...I'll order some now and have them here Monday and get shrimp out next week...thanks for the git-back to me...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron