• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 172
Total: 173

Cold Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, February 03, 2021, 03:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. Hopefully everyone is okay. It is cold out but at least the precip stopped. In total we got 2.7 inches of snow from this storm but that is deceiving because we got a whole lot of sleet which made walking and driving treacherous.

We are in pretty good shape now and I don't think we will get much more than rain from the next storm system that is coming through.

I did water changes on my fish tanks and I will be ready to move some more fish around as I consolidate. I have more than a couple of tanks with only 1 or two fish. I will probably have two 40bs and two 29s empty by the end of the week.

I really need to put all of my Koi in one tank. Hopefully they will re-pair. It's been a while since I got anything from them. hopefully they are not over the hill.

Have a great day everybody.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, I am late here today, but it has been a busy but cold day.  Sunny but the wind and cold made it hard to be out for too long.  I went to PetSmart to look for some fish food.  Left with a 65 gal.  tank, stand. top. LED light, regular price close to $400.  But I got it all for only $125 since the back right seam of glass has a chipped area.  Can't hold water safely but it sure will hold  my orchid collection!  Just what I have been wanting, an Orchidarium.  I will take a pic to show here when I get it all set up.  Only problem is  I reinjured my hurt right shoulder when I was helping get it inside, a neighbor helped me.  Always something, right?  Take care up north in all the snow and ice!  More cold coming here too.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on February 03, 2021, 09:23:31 PM
Hi Willie, I am late here today, but it has been a busy but cold day.  Sunny but the wind and cold made it hard to be out for too long.  I went to PetSmart to look for some fish food.  Left with a 65 gal.  tank, stand. top. LED light, regular price close to $400.  But I got it all for only $125 since the back right seam of glass has a chipped area.  Can't hold water safely but it sure will hold  my orchid collection!  Just what I have been wanting, an Orchidarium.  I will take a pic to show here when I get it all set up.  Only problem is  I reinjured my hurt right shoulder when I was helping get it inside, a neighbor helped me.  Always something, right?  Take care up north in all the snow and ice!  More cold coming here too.
Barb

Barb so sorry about your shoulder but it sure sounds like you got a very good deal. Hopefully you didn't hurt your shoulder too badly.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

It is much better today, thanks Willie.  I use a heating pad on it and that sure helps.
Barb