• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:52:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 165
Total: 166

Iced In Monday

Started by wsantia1, February 01, 2021, 05:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It will be a challenging day here on east coast. For me, I am basically iced in and though I am still able to get around I think it is too dangerous to venture out at this time. There is ice everywhere. Hopefully the temps rise enough for some melting.

Aside from my doctor's appointment I have nothing on the agenda do I will just stay warm and safe and I will only go to the Walgreen's to pick up my refills later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

What a mess.  You be careful Willie. 

I got one tarp of leaves raked and hauled.  Then the breeze picked up and raking because impossible.  By nightfall the wind was whipping.  I could hear the low whistle it made all night long as I slept.  This morning it's back to breezy but it's cold and overcast and not at all nice.

I have a dog at 10.  Then I'll bag fish and drive them to the Post Office in Ellisville.  No plans at all after that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Willie, my sister lives in Chester, VA...just outside of Richmond...and she's dealing with the same mess you have there...ugh!

...not to boast or rub it in, but, it's 52 here now and heading to mid-70s today...somewhat cloudy though...

...I finally have everything where I think I want it in the planted Congo 125 tank...I use Safe-T-Sorb for substrate...after awhile it will begin breaking down slowly and creates a lot of dust which clouds the tank water greatly when I do a major upheaval in the tank...It's kind of like having a dirted tank...I have so many cories and yoyo loaches that are always digging in the top layer of the substrate that the dust/mud gets worked to the lower levels of the substrate and normally doesn't show...but when I did it this time I ordered my favorite HOB - Aquaclear 110 - and stuffed it with poly floss and it pulled the particles out within hours...so today I will pack it away until I do another major change and stir the stuff up again...

...a fellow is coming by tonight to pick up some plants after I put a post up on the SAS FB page...I think I'll try marketplace today...Let me know if you're interested in any and I'll let you know if I have it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi  everybody! Just  gray, windy and cold, but no rain like yesterday.   NYC is really getting slammed with snow I see on TV.  2-3" per hr they say.  I am inside doing stuff I like, plant work, fish tanks, etc.   You all stay safe and have good days I hope.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on February 01, 2021, 12:38:57 PM
Hi  everybody! Just  gray, windy and cold, but no rain like yesterday.   NYC is really getting slammed with snow I see on TV.  2-3" per hr they say.  I am inside doing stuff I like, plant work, fish tanks, etc.   You all stay safe and have good days I hope.
Barb

Yep Barb, I just got off the phone with my granddaughter and her kids and they are getting pounded. The kids can't even enjoy it because they have almost whiteout conditions. For me it's just ice.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.