• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 08:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171

Friday

Started by Ron Sower, January 29, 2021, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...it's 58 now and going to 65 supposedly with rain showers today...not what the TV gal forecasted which was lots of pouring rain...we'll see!...

...My fishroom's a mess...I think today will be a cleanup day and an afternoon to reset plants in the right side of the Congo 125g...and then put the trimmings and extras over into one of the 20g holding tanks...mail some subwassertang off to a friend...and I have a couple errands to run...

...take care...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good morning Ron and everyone. We are in the coldest days of the new year on the Delmarva peninsula. It is currently 28 degrees with winds steady at 28 mph and gusting up to 38 mph. The wind chill factor makes it feel like 13 degrees.The sunny skies that we have are of no help. huh

I've been in the fishroom and was disappointed to see that my plat spawn has crashed. I do have some survivors but probably not enough to make it worth my while to raise. huh That's what happens when the male does a half ass of fertilizing. While I was away yesterday the fungus of the unfertilized eggs overwhelmed the wigglers. huh

I am still hopeful for my black ram spawn. The male is doing a good job with his eggs and hasn't moved them. The wigglers are going strong and I even fed the parents some BBS that they happily gobbled up. Fingers crossed on this spawn.

That's about it for now. Getting ready to brave the cold for a bit with Kobe and then hit the store for some snack items before I go back into lockdown mode. It's funny that while I was on yesterday's excursion I felt like I was on work release from house arrest. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 29, 2021, 10:06:55 AM
Good morning Ron and everyone. We are in the coldest days of the new year on the Delmarva peninsula. It is currently 28 degrees with winds steady at 28 mph and gusting up to 38 mph. The wind chill factor makes it feel like 13 degrees.The sunny skies that we have are of no help. huh

I've been in the fishroom and was disappointed to see that my plat spawn has crashed. I do have some survivors but probably not enough to make it worth my while to raise. huh That's what happens when the male does a half ass of fertilizing. While I was away yesterday the fungus of the unfertilized eggs overwhelmed the wigglers. huh

I am still hopeful for my black ram spawn. The male is doing a good job with his eggs and hasn't moved them. The wigglers are going strong and I even fed the parents some BBS that they happily gobbled up. Fingers crossed on this spawn.

That's about it for now. Getting ready to brave the cold for a bit with Kobe and then hit the store for some snack items before I go back into lockdown mode. It's funny that while I was on yesterday's excursion I felt like I was on work release from house arrest. huh
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...sorry your spawn crashed...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie and Ron, too bad about the lost spawns Wille, at least you know they will do it again.  Ron. you sure do well with your plant growing!  I am much better with plants outside and inside in pots than in water.  But I keep trying.  It is very cold today, but sunny, and back down tonight.  50 by Sunday they say, and rain again.  But my rug is almost dry!  I have it inside.
Barb