• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 08:06:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 315
Total: 315

Cold Saturday Morning

Started by wsantia1, January 23, 2021, 08:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a cold start to the day with temps at 30 degrees and winds coming through at 25 mph making the feels like temp 19 degrees.

Since I am all stocked up on food and supplies I will just keep warm by staying inside most of the day. I will make a couple of water changes but nothing major.

I hope everyone has a great dy.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I keep telling you that you need to move south, Willie.  Yesterday was rainy but not cold.  The sun is out today.  The temp is 52 and will go up to 60.  I know that it's due to global warming but it sure feels good not to have had a winter here, so far.

I've been admiring my fish room.  In fact, I'm basking in the glory of 3 hard for me but must get done projects.  Every thing that didn't work is working now.  I have 2 more projects on my list.  The more important one is the harder one, of course.  But they aren't a crisis like the last 3 so I'll put off doing them until I feel more in the mood.

Today I'll be doing small things and taking it easy on the poor old degenerating back and stiff, crooked fingered hands.  I think I'll get out of my jammies now and go play with the chickens.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Hello you two and Barb, when you arrive...! And Dennis if you take a peak today!...

...Here in sleepy Apache Junction it is currently a chilly 52 with total cloud cover...They keep talking about rain and it looks like today we may actually get some...it should get up to 62 and will feel really chilly without the sun shining thru the clouds...the next 4-5 day will be in the 50s with rain showers....brrrr

...looks like today is going to be a housecleaning day for us  :'( :'( ...I hate that...When we lived in the 620sf 0park model in Florence it took an hour...now we're in 2300sf home! ...sure makes a difference!

...after that's done, I may do some aquarium room work if the knees are holding out...I want to move my red mosaic guppies into the 20g plant holding tank...and take down the 5g they're in right now... and I need to WC the shrimp tanks...

...well, hope you all have a good day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good day Willie, Liz and Ron.  Cold here today and last night. And tonight will be 25, that is very cold for us.  It will be 40 by afternoon they say.  No global warming for us,just  a usual Winter.  But I do have many daffodils way up, some 6" or more.  Some are the ones you gave me a few years ago Liz.

I have cleaned all 3 of my tanks today, rarely do all 3 at once.  Discus, Angels, and Endlers.  I don't count my two little shrimp tanks.  They take 5 min. to clean.  I still have 8 beautiful Koi angels I got from Jon a few mo. before he left us. Still miss him here.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on January 23, 2021, 03:50:53 PM
Good day Willie, Liz and Ron.  Cold here today and last night. And tonight will be 25, that is very cold for us.  It will be 40 by afternoon they say.  No global warming for us,just  a usual Winter.  But I do have many daffodils way up, some 6" or more.  Some are the ones you gave me a few years ago Liz.

I have cleaned all 3 of my tanks today, rarely do all 3 at once.  Discus, Angels, and Endlers.  I don't count my two little shrimp tanks.  They take 5 min. to clean.  I still have 8 beautiful Koi angels I got from Jon a few mo. before he left us. Still miss him here.
Barb
...boy!...Isn't that the truth?!... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 23, 2021, 04:47:24 PM
Quote from: Barb on January 23, 2021, 03:50:53 PM

Barb
...boy!...Isn't that the truth?!... :(

I second that..... :(
Willie

wsantia1

I actually am spending a lot of time in the fishroom today doing deep cleanings on the tanks. Only a couple got water changes but I've got a couple of diatom filters running as well as a couple of hotmags.

After taking a break I came back downstairs and in a tank I finished cleaning up, a pair of PS Plats (2nd generation from Liz) were breeding. I will probably pull these eggs. They have spawned successfully a couple of times in the past and do not throw albinos.

I did manage to save and raise 5 albinos from a different pair that are now separated. Hopefully I can get a pair out of those albinos.
Willie