• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:58:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Tuesday's here

Started by Barb, January 19, 2021, 08:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, cold here this morning, all is white with frost, but the sun will soon melt it away.  My big job for today is rearranging  some living room furniture.  I don't lift anything, I just slide things where I want them.  I have the furniture movers, the pads you slide things on.  They work great.  And thank goodness no fish tank moving involved.  Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's always fun to give a new look to the same old room, Barb.

I've gotten some of my chores done and will do another in just a bit.  The one that's been heavy on my mind (no pun intended) is lowering the main support on the corner of a rack of tanks.  It's about 1/8" or tad more high.  The 100 gallon, which that hits that corner is empty but it's a scary job because it's still a lot of weight.  I have a plan that should eliminate the danger of having everything fall down.  I just need to get up the will to forge ahead and get it done.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hello Barb, Liz and everyone. Although it is our usual 45 degrees the wind is blowing in at 25 mph so it feels like it's in the mid 30s. I know my friends in Illinois would love to have this instead of what they get there.

Putzing around in the fishroom but I am not feeling very energetic today so I am not very motivated. I got up too many times last night so I probably only got about 5 hours of sleep.

At the moment I am doing a small water change on my yellow shrimp tank but I see a berried one that is acting funny. I don't know if she is going to make it. I do have a bunch of babies  though it's hard to get a good count as they are very small.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 19, 2021, 12:57:54 PM
Hello Barb, Liz and everyone. Although it is our usual 45 degrees the wind is blowing in at 25 mph so it feels like it's in the mid 30s. I know my friends in Illinois would love to have this instead of what they get there.

Putzing around in the fishroom but I am not feeling very energetic today so I am not very motivated. I got up too many times last night so I probably only got about 5 hours of sleep.

At the moment I am doing a small water change on my yellow shrimp tank but I see a berried one that is acting funny. I don't know if she is going to make it. I do have a bunch of babies  though it's hard to get a good count as they are very small.

Have a great day everyone.
...if you've got shrimplets, the colony will continue to grow...My experience is that when you don't see them, it's time to be concerned...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...my carpenter friend comes at 9am so I set alarm for 8am, giving me time to awaken and get some pain pills in me and working before he gets here...that's why I'm getting on here late in the day...we should be thru the project tomorrow...by noon I can't get up and down any more so I just chat and joke with him...

...cloudy today and a tad cooler...68-70...got cooler in the afternoon...

...we tried to get on the AZ health website to register an appt in Feb for the covid shot but it was a pain in the gluteus maximus so we said to hell with it and have decided this was a sign to wait awhile and see how things go with the ones that get the shot...The website was hard to navigate...

...also received an Economic Impact Payment Card instead of Stimulus Check in the mail...almost tossed it thinking it was a credit card offer....!  I really didn't sign up for a damn debit card...! >:(.. I'm taking it to my Credit Union tomorrow to check it out...

...a friend found a second Reticulated Siamese Algae Eater for me today and brought it by...that was nice of her...

...hope your day was a good one, and I hope to see you here tomorrow...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron