• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 12:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 196
Total: 197

Another Monday Morning.

Started by wsantia1, January 18, 2021, 07:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning folks. Hopefully everyone is well. Yesterday got away from me as I spent most of the day making it a fun day for Kobe and then settling in for a bit of football. I spent very little time in the fishroom except for feedings.

Where I am located the temp is currently 33 degrees under partly cloudy skies and getting up to a high of 46 degrees. Other than when it rains it seems like the weather is the same everyday. Sorta like "Ground Hog" day.

Today I will spend most of my day in the fishroom cleaning up things. Don't know if I will do water changes because there is so many other things that need attention down there. I think I need to make a list of the things I have to do in the fishroom so I can stay on track. The turtle tank will definitely get a water change today though.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, yesterday got away from me too.  I took a long drive and was gone about 6 hrs.  The weather was cold but nice and sunny, my favorite kind of Winter day for a trip.

Today is helping my mom some. and when I get home, some yard work spreading more pine straw.  It is very popular here as a garden mulch, any of the rest of you use it?  I use bark mulch more, but some places the pine works better.  A good friend of mine has given me 25 different Iris rhizomes!  I have them in individual pots for now, rooting.  But will need a big new bed for them eventually.  In Spring she is sharing dozens of Daylilies with me too.  Liz, this is my farmer friend i recently told you about...
Barb

LizStreithorst

Willie, I think it's sweet of you to celebrate Kobi's birthday.  I don't even know most of my dogs birthday.  The two I should know I have forgotten.

Barb, that is wonderful to have a friend so generous.  My Iris need dividing in a big way, my few daylilies got used as a chicken treat.  It's rare for a pretty flower to not taste good to chickens.  My Cleome survive by out growing the apatite of the chickens.

I've been getting up early and getting work done to the point where after WC I just fall into bed.  Yesterday I woke up and got going at 4 am but didn't do any heavy work because my muscles were still hurting from the day before.  All I've done so far today is a load of laundry to test my septic tank line fix.  It's a wonderful thing to know that everything that is supposed to go down goes down.

I still have a carpentry project to finish in the fish room.  The carpenter built these stands several years ago and it wasn't until last week I discovered that he had made a mistake and decide how to fix it.  In the process I discovered a 3rd mistake.  I know how to fix it but I'm not looking forward to it.  It will involve having squeeze in and out of a space that you would think nobody could fit through.  I'm good at that, but I know that my back will punish me for doing it.

First I will measure a box for shipping some black rams next Monday.  I will never again ship my Rams Priority.  Priority Express only from now on.  I'm tired of them loosing my boxes.

Have a fun day, everyone. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...this morning went to the doc for my pain med appt...then went to the bank which was closed for the stupid holiday I always forget about...fella came over to photograph plants he's going to put on eBay and shopify...then at 1 my carpenter friend came over and we got the framework for the wall on the carport up...had to go get one more stud that will go in first thing in the morning, then we'll put the siding up...I say "we" because I hand him tools and boards and double check his measurments...my knees hurt so bad that I sit in a chair as much as I can!... ;) ;) ;)

...found no SAEs yesterday but did find two Reticulated SAEs...I gave Stan one and kept one for myself...we also have 2 green spotted puffers quarantining now...they're the $10 fish!...they will be going into the 20L I'm setting up in the game room...Still keeping the green spotted Congo puffer which is the $200 - $300 fish the friend gave me in the 125g tetra/rasbora tank...

...the 125g Congo tank is about to get the plants rearranged...guess I'll start that Wednesday...!

...yellow shrimp are ready...Liz, still want some?...Barb?...Willie?

...another wonderful weather day here...but tomorrow the clouds and possible rain sets in for a few days...the soil needs it...BADLY!!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Yes I do Ron, but not until Spring.  It is way too cold now to ship, for me anyway.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm want some but not until I get stimulated.  How much are you asking for them?

wsantia1

Count me in Ron. I will need to wait until spring also.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...you guys just pay the shipping...that's all....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hey Ron, if you have heat packs I'm ready now!!!!  :-*

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron