• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:35:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 150
Total: 151

Good Tuesday Morning

Started by wsantia1, January 12, 2021, 10:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. While it is cold at the moment the sun is out and we will be warming up to our normal 45 degree mark by this afternoon. We also a couple of days in the 50s without precip coming up later this week. I can't wait.

I am currently waiting on a delivery of a meshed office chair to replace the bonded leather chair that I had for over 8 years. Over the last year or so the bonded leather has peeled practically all of the way off so I would say I got the most out of that chair. mim

I continue to work with my yellow shrimp tank that looks like an eyesore but that my shrimp are thriving in. While suctioning the feeding tray I got a couple of baby shrimp that I did not see. Since I drained that water into a small jar I was able to save them but I need to be more careful. huh

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon Willie.  Looks like it's just the two of us so far. 

My spare ribs are in the oven.  I shipped off a pair of black rams, and moved a spawn of black rams along with their parents from a 10 to a 29.  Now I'm going to toss together some coleslaw. 

It's warmer today, thank God, and the sun is shining.  The swamp from my drainage problem and leak is finally drying out.

I was so delighted when I got my stimulus check in the mail yesterday.  I opened it this morning and it was my neighbor's grandson's check the mail lady put into my box.  Last week I got someone else's Social Security information.  I'm about to complain to the folks at the Moselle P.0. and have them tell the mail lady to get her head out of her ass especially when something comes from the government.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, here I am finally.  It has been a cold, gray and damp day.  No sun at all.  How I am looking forward to Spring, more so than in years past.  I have lots of garden projects planned.  Will just need to get them finished before the heat and humidity of summer get here.  Willie, enjoy your new chair and yellow shrimp.  And Liz sorry about the check disappointment. Hope yours comes soon.  Later on I guess we all get another $1400.  Let us know how the leak clog turns out.   I can imagine how irritating that must be for you. 
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 12, 2021, 01:44:28 PM
Good afternoon Willie.  Looks like it's just the two of us so far. 

My spare ribs are in the oven.  I shipped off a pair of black rams, and moved a spawn of black rams along with their parents from a 10 to a 29.  Now I'm going to toss together some coleslaw. 
t
It's warmer today, thank God, and the sun is shining.  The swamp from my drainage problem and leak is finally drying out.

I was so delighted when I got my stimulus check in the mail yesterday.  I opened it this morning and it was my neighbor's grandson's check the mail lady put into my box.  Last week I got someone else's Social Security information.  I'm about to complain to the folks at the Moselle P.0. and have them tell the mail lady to get her head out of her ass especially when something comes from the government.

..we had a horrible issue with the mail lady down in Florence doing the same things...time after time...My friend, also a Ron, and I went to the post office in town several times...he even wrote the higher-ups about it...and we learned that the people in the P.O. were sorting and batching the mail for the contract carriers to pick up and deliver...so that part wasn't just her...however, there were packages being miss-delivered a lot and that was on her...eventually they gave the contract to a different party...still getting some of the same, though...that crap is systemic, I believe...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on January 12, 2021, 06:24:34 PM
Hi Willie and Liz, here I am finally.  It has been a cold, gray and damp day.  No sun at all.  How I am looking forward to Spring, more so than in years past.  I have lots of garden projects planned.  Will just need to get them finished before the heat and humidity of summer get here.  Willie, enjoy your new chair and yellow shrimp.  And Liz sorry about the check disappointment. Hope yours comes soon.  Later on I guess we all get another $1400.  Let us know how the leak clog turns out.   I can imagine how irritating that must be for you. 
Barb
...I haven't heard about this amount coming?...If the government gives all our money back to us, what will they use to ruin, I mean, run the country with??... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

We always manage to come up with the money to go to war...This will stimulate the economy and help people who are homeless for the first time in their lives.  I heard that Biden wants to give us another $2000.  But maybe he just wants what we will have been given to add up to $2000.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 13, 2021, 11:36:38 AM
We always manage to come up with the money to go to war...This will stimulate the economy and help people who are homeless for the first time in their lives.  I heard that Biden wants to give us another $2000.  But maybe he just wants what we will have been given to add up to $2000.
...definitely right about that!... >:(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Back to Tuesday's goings on, I've been busting a gut cleaning glass on my large aquarium's. 4 60 wide's, 2 100's and 2 90's.  The 60 wides were empty so I cleaned the inside and out of the front glass.  A guy told me about this when I was singing the praises of cleaning vinegar on Simply.  It's called Bar Keepers Friend.  You make a paste on it, rub it on, let it dry then buff it off.  It requires a lot of elbow grease.  I bet my shoulders will ache in the morning.  The tanks that were cleaned on the inside had to be rinsed clean then vacuumed completely out completely.  My tanks absolutely shine.  Some of them are close to 20 hears old and have what I considered to be permanent lime stains.

It has been a beautiful warm day today.  It was a joy sitting outside and feeding my chickens their treat.  It's a good thing I buy more day old chicks than I need.  I've lost 4 so far this year.

It's time now for a hot bath and a small nap.