• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

Moderate Monday

Started by Ron Sower, January 11, 2021, 09:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...hi guys and gals....looks like another nice day here in sunny AZ...39 right now and forecasted mid 60s...same as yesterday but it got to 70 at my place...

...we had a fun time last night...my dinner was mediocre...I ordered chicken at a seafood restaurant!...I've learned m lesson!... we were laughing so hard and making so much noise I was afraid they'd ask us to leave...!  But they didn't :D...

...not a whole lot planned today...but I'm sure i will get busy...I know I want to clean and rework some shrimp tanks and get a 20g on the same rack set up for growing plants...

...meanwhile you guys have a good day...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Morning Ron.  Liquid plumber helped, but didn't solve my clog.  It's cold and drizzly after near freezing and freezing temps last night with rain.  I'm in no way ready to tackle this clog using more drastic measures in this miserable day.  I've had it with big unrelated plumbing problems for a while.  Water is draining well enough for now.

My neighbor gave me a good idea that involves a hose rather than a snake.  I need to drill a 1" hole in the line running to the septic tank and run a hose down it.  If I can't break the clog with the hose I can turn on the water and blow it out.  It's my next step, but not today!

I have a dog coming in a bit.  After that, I'll put a rub on some beef spare ribs and get them ready to cook tomorrow.  Other than that, just some fish room work/play.  I do love my fish room.

Looking forward to see what Barb and Willie are up to.  Hopefully not home maintence.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron and Liz, no home work for me today.  It is cold and gray and damp, not a day to do anything outside.  I am inside watering houseplants, it is about a 3 day job to do them all.  Later fish tank work and maybe a nap, I am tired today.  Yesterday my son's dog Rocky, the white boxer in my birthday party pic I showed you last week, died.  Totally unexpected, the vet said he suspected a brain tumor.  He was euthanized.  Very traumatic for us all.  We all loved him.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2021, 09:58:55 AM
Morning Ron.  Liquid plumber helped, but didn't solve my clog.  It's cold and drizzly after near freezing and freezing temps last night with rain.  I'm in no way ready to tackle this clog using more drastic measures in this miserable day.  I've had it with big unrelated plumbing problems for a while.  Water is draining well enough for now.

My neighbor gave me a good idea that involves a hose rather than a snake.  I need to drill a 1" hole in the line running to the septic tank and run a hose down it.  If I can't break the clog with the hose I can turn on the water and blow it out.  It's my next step, but not today!

I have a dog coming in a bit.  After that, I'll put a rub on some beef spare ribs and get them ready to cook tomorrow.  Other than that, just some fish room work/play.  I do love my fish room.

Looking forward to see what Barb and Willie are up to.  Hopefully not home maintence.
...I've discovered I have a water leak from my bathroom's toilet...showing up at the base, so probably the wax seal...thinking it over, the floor installers may have reused the same seal when they put it back in place....I don't think I'll do it myself...too many joint issues after!...I'll pay the $100 and use my home warranty...that's why I'm paying for it!.. ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on January 11, 2021, 12:12:58 PM
Hi Ron and Liz, no home work for me today.  It is cold and gray and damp, not a day to do anything outside.  I am inside watering houseplants, it is about a 3 day job to do them all.  Later fish tank work and maybe a nap, I am tired today.  Yesterday my son's dog Rocky, the white boxer in my birthday party pic I showed you last week, died. Totally unexpected, the vet said he suspected a brain tumor.  He was euthanized.  Very traumatic for us all.  We all loved him.
Barb
...well...crap!...a loss like that is really tough to accept :(...You guys have my empathy....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Barb on January 11, 2021, 12:12:58 PM
Hi Ron and Liz, no home work for me today.  It is cold and gray and damp, not a day to do anything outside.  I am inside watering houseplants, it is about a 3 day job to do them all.  Later fish tank work and maybe a nap, I am tired today.  Yesterday my son's dog Rocky, the white boxer in my birthday party pic I showed you last week, died.  Totally unexpected, the vet said he suspected a brain tumor.  He was euthanized.  Very traumatic for us all.  We all loved him.
Barb

Oh Barb, I am so sorry.  How terrible for all of you.  White boxers, in fact, all the white breeds that cannot be shown in AKC shows often have genetic weaknesses for some reason I don't think anyone knows.

LizStreithorst

I finally broke down and bought heaters.  5 350 Pro Heats.  I need them for my water storage containers because they are reliable and they can't shatter.  I move a sump pump from one container to the other.  I've broken enough glass heaters to have learned a lesson.

I need more heaters for tanks but for those I'll go with Cascades.  They are considerable less expensive and have a 2 year warrantee.  I'll wait and muddle through until my stimulus check arrives.  Mine is coming in slow motion because it has to be mailed.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It's not a bad weather day here. It's cold but not windy and the sun is out so that's pretty good for mid January.

Barb I am so sorry to hear about Rocky. I love Boxers. My old vet told me they had issues with tumors so I didn't get one.

My bad news today is that I think my Black Rams ate their fry. huh I know they may have moved them but they don't seem to be guarding any particular area in the tank so I'm thinking that they had a good dinner. I did not want to pull the eggs/fry so this is what happens.

I did do some work around the house. I put up 2 pendent light fixtures over my kitchen island. The wiring and stuff was already in place I just had to buy the fixtures and connect them to the wiring. I could have had the builder put the lights in but I did not like their selections. Also this was much cheaper.

Have a good rest of the day folks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Not all of them are natural parent raisers, Willie.  Sometimes they get it right after several tries.  Sometimes they never get it.  Most folks just pull the eggs. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2021, 02:39:59 PM
Not all of them are natural parent raisers, Willie.  Sometimes they get it right after several tries.  Sometimes they never get it.  Most folks just pull the eggs.

I'm going to do that soon Liz. I want to give them a chance. Maybe one more try. Also I might have spooked them last night in my excitement.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.