• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:10:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

Trudge along Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, January 05, 2021, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have 3 things to get done once I get my get my degenerating back and lazy ass in gear.  First I need go up my road to the water meter, take a picture of the meter reading then go back after a half hour and see if the reading has changed any.  I kind of think I have a leak and if I do I'm quite sure I know where it is.  It's in a place where I fixed before with help from my neighbor and a contraction fitting.  It might require more digging than I'm capable of. 
Then I need to cook.  I'll be making this:  https://www.cookingclassy.com/chicken-curry/#jump-to-recipe  I'm trying to make a dent in that 10 lb bag of chicken breasts my kind customer gave me.

Then I will do some other, digging.  I need to move dirt to where there is too much to where there is too little.  This, combined with fixing the leak I think I have will take care of the drainage problem I have from the driveway to the carport.  I cannot continue getting my feet wet when I walk from the car to the house.  I'm also concerned about this water that next wants to go to my foundation damaging it.  Nothing is worse for a house than water, something that I'm sure Ron never has to worry about.

Hope nobody else has jobs like this on their to do list and that all of you have a pleasant day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Excuse my language but, Fuck!  I have a leak underground.  I don't know any available strong young men.  I'm trying to think of how to proceed.  A plumber to fix something that mostly requires a strong back is ridiculous.

Ron Sower

...good morning....

...Wow...Sorry you, got the water leak problem, Liz...I don't worry about rain water too much!... However living in the Seattle area was totally different...first time I ever saw algae and moss on roofs everywhere I went in the cities...the damage water does to structures is amazing and VERY costly...along with with the algae and moss comes mold....it is rampant there...and destroys walls and roofs and understructures...

... leaking water pipes can occur anywhere though and they are never a good thing...

...still have my to-do list that I seem only to mark off one per day and add 2-3 per day!...what's up with that?... ;D ;D ;D...I think I'll hit 2 tasks today!...
...one will be to tend to the shrimp tanks...and another will be to work my dragonstone...haven't worked it in a day or so...time to relax with it...

...LIz, thanks for doing what you can to help my friend Vilo with his discus problem...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, please suggest to your buddy that he email me directly. 

LizStreithorst

Thank you God.  I can relax.  I thought to ask the mother of the kid that worked for me for years back when I was breeding Dairy Goats.  She wasn't home which was almost a relief because she speaks little English, and my Spanish is barely passable.

Then I went next door to the pig processing plant that her husband runs.  Fortunately the guy at the office was a young white man so I could speak English.  I told him my problem and what I needed and he is sure they can come up with someone for me.

I hate just showing up somewhere and asking someone I don't even know if they can help me out.  But country folks are very nice about things like that and they will always try to help if they can.

Now I'm out to feed the chickens their treat in back of the fish room and hope that Miss Chickie joins them.  I need to relax and breath before I get to cooking.  Seeing something that must be fixed and being unable to do it myself puts me in a tizzy.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I've been out running errands most of the day. It's a first of the month thing for me.

The weather today is a carbon copy of yesterday with cloudy skies and the temp at 45 degrees. One of those days that make you feel lazy.

Liz, sorry your water leak. Hopefully you can get someone to fix it for a reasonable price. Up here they overcharge you for everything.

I'm in the fishroom at the moment looking at my rams and shrimp. I'm so happy about the shrimp that I can't wait to start a green jade tank. I think I will probably start cycling a tank soon so I can be ready when I see a good price to purchase some in the spring.

You guys have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, I hope this doesn't make you jealous but the man I spoke to just called and said that he'd have someone here tomorrow and that he would do it for free because "that's what neighbors are for".  I politely told him that regardless of what he said I would pay the young man $10. an hour because this will be a hard, nasty, wet, dirty job.  The weather stays nice. 

I looked at some beautiful jade greens on Ebay but they were very expensive.  I hope your guy gives you a good price.

Barb

Hi all, hope all is well, especially with Liz and the leak issue.  Yep, water can do such damage, speaking from experience in the past.  I am OK, just trudging along and waiting for warmer weather.  It is quite cold now, for us anyway, I get colder easier now.  Soon I plan to start back with pottery making, it is a favorite hobby I want to keep up with.  One other thing, I noticed I have 3 berried blue shrimp!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 05, 2021, 03:24:22 PM
Willie, I hope this doesn't make you jealous but the man I spoke to just called and said that he'd have someone here tomorrow and that he would do it for free because "that's what neighbors are for".  I politely told him that regardless of what he said I would pay the young man $10. an hour because this will be a hard, nasty, wet, dirty job.  The weather stays nice. 

I looked at some beautiful jade greens on Ebay but they were very expensive.  I hope your guy gives you a good price.

The ones I've been looking at online are expensive too. I wish I had a local source. Maybe I might become the local source around here but I'm not quite there yet.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on January 05, 2021, 04:32:59 PM
Hi all, hope all is well, especially with Liz and the leak issue.  Yep, water can do such damage, speaking from experience in the past.  I am OK, just trudging along and waiting for warmer weather.  It is quite cold now, for us anyway, I get colder easier now.  Soon I plan to start back with pottery making, it is a favorite hobby I want to keep up with.  One other thing, I noticed I have 3 berried blue shrimp!
Barb

That's great news Barb.
Willie