• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 127
Total: 128

Nice Monday After Christmas

Started by wsantia1, December 28, 2020, 12:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It pretty nice out with plenty of sunshine and the current temp at 51 degrees. It all comes crashing down tomorrow when our high temp will be 38 degrees.

I'm playing around in the basement but I'm not getting anything done except looking at fish and taking naps. I guess my mind and body are telling me that I am tired. I really didn't get much sleep between Christmas and Christmas Eve.

Hopefully I will be more productive tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It will actually be 70 today!  It will be warm until New Year's Day when I'll go back to hibernating.

This morning I played with Miss Chickie.  I opened up the outside door to the fish room and encouraged Miss Chickie to explore the out of doors.  I had to lure her out with meal worms but she wasn't afraid out there.  She scratched around a little and ate some green leaves and then came back inside where she has stayed in ever since.  It's good that she wasn't afraid to be out, but the fish room in her chicken house and she's most comfortable there.

I went to the store for New Year's eve lucky foods.  I'll be having mustard greens with smoked turkey necks.  I may throw in some bacon since pork is supposed to represent moving forward.  God knows, if there is any year we want to move forward from it's 2020.

I've got all my fish tanks looking good so I'm concentrated on raising my spawn of Discus fry and the 2, soon to be 2. Pitch Black Ram spawns.  This pair of Pitch blacks produces only blacks no golds at all which means I think they would be called double pitch black.  I hope that they will be in demand when I start shipping again in 2021.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, it's been OK here today, started out cold but got sunny and warm.  Helped my mom for a couple hrs. then home to piddle around here.  Liz, I made myself a gnome, the others I made got sent off as gifts.  Now I have one for me. 

I bought a spiral sliced ham for New Years Day meal,  I will share with my mom of course, my neighbor, and my kids who are coming on Sat. to give me a little birthday party.  It will be my first one.  I always made a party for Bill and I, as it was our shared birthday.  My last birthday party was probably when I turned 18. 

Time to do wc on Discus.  Taking a long drive tomorrow to visit a friend and her badly disabled husband.
Barb

LizStreithorst

You should sell them on AB if it's worth the trouble it takes to make them.  I'm not into adorable, but my little Christmas dude never ceases to make me smile. 

My good Black Ram paiir spawned for the 4th time.  I'll put the pair in a community tank after this.  They have been a wonderfully productive pair.  they deserve a good long break.

My SIL called just as I was finishing up WC.  We ended up talking for too long as usual.  She will visit me for 10 days as soon as we get vaccinated.  Heck, she could live with me forever and it wouldn't be too long.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hi gang!...

... a good day here...temp was about 64 a with few clouds and little bit of wind....

...started breaking dragonstone... to clean it with a heavy stream of hose water...then worked on fitting pieces together...tomorrow I'll begin gluing them...

...Young lady came by this morning to pick out a bunch of plants and she brought me a large Amazon sword that will go in the tetra tank...I guess I should attach a pic of the tank...new sword not in yet...it will go behind the wood on the left side...

...got a metal art piece from a friend in our old neighborhood in Florence and hung it outside with 2 other pieces he'd done for me...I'll go out and see if I can get a pic of it for you...it's the desert pupfish...OK, so the night pic isn't very good...maybe try another with daylight...

...So Willie...nothing wrong with just enjoying a day watching the fish...that's what you have them for isn't it? ;D

...Liz, you never cease to amaze me with your animal and vehicle stories...Miss Chickie being the latest!  8)

...And Barb...once again the sharing your love of Mom and the attention to your friends is inspiring ... |^|

...hope all of you ended with a good day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron