• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 172
Total: 173

Hump Day Before Christmas

Started by wsantia1, December 23, 2020, 07:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Wednesday morning everyone. The day is starting out cold with temps at 29 degrees and going up to a high of 47 this afternoon.

Not much going on today. Kobe got a bath before my company arrives around noon. He loves them so I know he will be all over them and I don't want him to smell. Since I don't have a great sense of smell I don't always pick up his on his stink until it's late in the game.

Liz, what types of shampoo do you use on the dogs that you groom?

I will be packing up my stuff to visit my daughter and grandkids for Christmas and while I am not overly excited about making the trip I do miss them. It's been a rough year for visitation among a bunch of other things.

I will probably do water changes on the shrimp tanks today but I am a little hesitant because of my two berried shrimp. I'm worried about them dropping their eggs as they are young mommas.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, at least with cats I don't have to bathe them!  Hope you have a good and safe trip coming up.  I will visit some ailing friends about 1 hr. drive from me.  they invited me to share their family Christmas dinner, so I won't be alone this year.  We will wear masks and sit far apart.   I look forward to the meal, they are great cooks. 

Hope my little berried blue shrimp mama doesn't lose her eggs either.  Will let you all know.  At least my Betta, Tom, doesn't care anything about the shrimp close by.  I see them swim right in front of him and he ignores them.  Thank goodness.
Barb

LizStreithorst

My gosh, I checked in this morning and then forgot all about y'all!  Shame on me.

Willie, the shampoo isn't as the conditioner.  With a dog like Kobi you could do as I do with my own dogs and use a shampoo and conditioner.  Do yourself a favor and buy a human product at the dollar store.  You will get the same or better quality product for better price.  Try Tres Semme shampoo with conditioner or any other human shampoo that also contains a conditioner. 

Barb, thanks for the info on the Betta and the shrimp.  I'm cleaning up and re doing my betta tanks and I'd love to try some shrimp in with them.  The red rili's would look great against the black gravel.

I did a Scotty this morning.  I know that I go on about my customers but these two are in a class of their own.  They were recommended to me by a dog friend back when they had an old fat Scottie health problems.  They had to drive to get to my shop in Ellisville, now that I've moved closer to Hattiesburg it only takes them about 25 minutes.  They come because I'm the only one outside of Jackson who knows how to make a Scotty look like a Scotty which is pitiful because the dogs aren't hard to get right.  It's all clipper work with very little scissoring.

Not only give me a a 10 lb bag of frozen solid chicken breasts, they said their dog Charlie gave me a Christmas themed throw and a card in the bag with $100. tip in it.  They paid their normal grooming charge before hand in an envelope as they always do.  I went outside after I opened my gifts and through them a double handed kiss as they waited in their car.

Later, as I was driving to the feed store they texted me and told me how much they appreciated how good I had always been to them and to Charlie.  I don't know what to think.  I know that I try to be a good person.  I'm stunned and don't how to think about this and what I might be able to do for them in return.  I kinda think they're rich.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2020, 06:38:45 PM
My gosh, I checked in this morning and then forgot all about y'all!  Shame on me.

Willie, the shampoo isn't as the conditioner.  With a dog like Kobi you could do as I do with my own dogs and use a shampoo and conditioner.  Do yourself a favor and buy a human product at the dollar store.  You will get the same or better quality product for better price.  Try Tres Semme shampoo with conditioner or any other human shampoo that also contains a conditioner. 

Barb, thanks for the info on the Betta and the shrimp.  I'm cleaning up and re doing my betta tanks and I'd love to try some shrimp in with them.  The red rili's would look great against the black gravel.

I did a Scotty this morning.  I know that I go on about my customers but these two are in a class of their own.  They were recommended to me by a dog friend back when they had an old fat Scottie health problems.  They had to drive to get to my shop in Ellisville, now that I've moved closer to Hattiesburg it only takes them about 25 minutes.  They come because I'm the only one outside of Jackson who knows how to make a Scotty look like a Scotty which is pitiful because the dogs aren't hard to get right.  It's all clipper work with very little scissoring.

Not only give me a a 10 lb bag of frozen solid chicken breasts, they said their dog Charlie gave me a Christmas themed throw and a card in the bag with $100. tip in it.  They paid their normal grooming charge before hand in an envelope as they always do.  I went outside after I opened my gifts and through them a double handed kiss as they waited in their car.

Later, as I was driving to the feed store they texted me and told me how much they appreciated how good I had always been to them and to Charlie.  I don't know what to think.  I know that I try to be a good person.  I'm stunned and don't how to think about this and what I might be able to do for them in return.  I kinda think they're rich.

Liz, thanks for the advice on the shampoo/conditioner. I do think the dog shampoos are kind of pricey compared to the human stuff.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 23, 2020, 07:23:36 AM
Good Wednesday morning everyone. The day is starting out cold with temps at 29 degrees and going up to a high of 47 this afternoon.

Not much going on today. Kobe got a bath before my company arrives around noon. He loves them so I know he will be all over them and I don't want him to smell. Since I don't have a great sense of smell I don't always pick up his on his stink until it's late in the game.

Liz, what types of shampoo do you use on the dogs that you groom?

I will be packing up my stuff to visit my daughter and grandkids for Christmas and while I am not overly excited about making the trip I do miss them. It's been a rough year for visitation among a bunch of other things.

I will probably do water changes on the shrimp tanks today but I am a little hesitant because of my two berried shrimp. I'm worried about them dropping their eggs as they are young mommas.

Have a great day everyone.
...I don't remember what size tank you have your shrimp in, but you might try just dipping water out and adding new in and not siphoning. I've really not noticed any of my females dropping eggs...but then I don't watch them that closely....
...I hope you enjoy the hell out of your visit with your family, Willie... |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2020, 06:38:45 PM

...I think they like you and your work, Liz... |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on December 23, 2020, 04:19:24 PM
Hi Willie, at least with cats I don't have to bathe them!  Hope you have a good and safe trip coming up.  I will visit some ailing friends about 1 hr. drive from me.  they invited me to share their family Christmas dinner, so I won't be alone this year.  We will wear masks and sit far apart.   I look forward to the meal, they are great cooks. 

Hope my little berried blue shrimp mama doesn't lose her eggs either.  Will let you all know. At least my Betta, Tom, doesn't care anything about the shrimp close by.  I see them swim right in front of him and he ignores them. Thank goodness.
Barb
...I don't want to rain on your party, but Bettas are stalking predators...the adult shrimp are probably too large and quick for Tom to eat...but let me know if you find your colony in that tank growing...I'm pretty sure Tom will pick off the shrimplets...

...I'm so happy your friends invited you for Christmas...I was a bit concerned...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...a busy day for us...grocery shopping this morning and cards this afternoon with Stan and Barb, and dinner after...all 4 of us were Facetiming with our daughter and granddaughter for an hour or so after dinner...

...these 4 Leopold angels are really hanging back in the weeds, but are starting to come out to feed some now...I'll be happy when they are comfortable enough to be out most of the time...love the dark reddish tint in the dorsals and ventrals...

...gotta do some wc on tanks sometime very soon...two weeks on the two 125s...

...it's still Wednesday night here, so I got in on on our site today still  ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron