• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Miss Chickie.

Started by LizStreithorst, December 03, 2020, 02:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

If it weren't so much of a pain to post pics here I'd have posted about my lone female chick that survived here.  I posted it on on Simply instead because although their photo software isn't up to what it could be, it is still easier than it is here.  Of course nobody cares there because just like here none of them are true country folk.  Just in case anyone here is interested in a "stupid baby chicken"  you can here about it it's there.  I just reread it.  It doesn't cut to the chase until post 14.  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?137459-I-have-a-broody-hen
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

What a cute little chick!!  She will be a wonderful pet for you,  do you have to do anything to keep her safe from dogs or your cat?
Barb

LizStreithorst

My cat is not interested in new chicks.  I'm very lucky.  I have taught the dogs that going after chicks and chickens is bad.  They are actually afraid of the chickens.  Of course, I know to still be careful.  When I let her go outside it will be in a I will make sure that she is not hurt.

wsantia1

I agree with Barb. That chick is a beauty.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...a cute chick, Liz...how old is it now?....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

9 days old today.  6 or 7 days when I took the last group of pics. 

Ron Sower

...them l'il suckers grow fast, don't they?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's amazing how fast they grow.  In 7 or 8 months she'll be a big hen and laying eggs!

LizStreithorst

She is so cute and entertaining right now.  I snapped a pic of her last night nesting in my Peace Lily. 

Barb

Liz, that is the cutest pet pic you have ever posted.  I love it.  Maybe later on she will lay eggs there too?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I don't need no partridge in a pear tree.  I have Miss Chickie in a Peace Lily.  A much more suitable Christmas gift than a stupid partridge as far as I'm concerned.

Ron Sower

...Liz, you have more fun with your little chickies...! |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Miss Chickie is not a teenager.  She acts like one, too.  She started roosting on 2 of the 50 wides that aren't filled with water.  I just discovered today that she's been shitting them.  Oh joy.  She no longer roosts in the Peace Lily but she is eating the living daylights out of it's poor leaves.  Today as I was feeding fish lunch and doing small fish chores she started demanding her meal worm treat.  I told her to be patient that she was right after the fish.  What did she do?  She flew in to the meal worm culture and started helping herself!  I spoke to her harshly and covered the box up.  When I finally started picking her worms she got up and started trying to get back in the culture.  I smacked her on the breast.  She did it a second time and I smacked a little harder.  The third time I smacked her hard enough to not try again.  That's the same way I taught Pip not to chase the cat.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 11, 2021, 01:20:57 PM
Miss Chickie is not a teenager.  She acts like one, too.  She started roosting on 2 of the 50 wides that aren't filled with water.  I just discovered today that she's been shitting them.  Oh joy.  She no longer roosts in the Peace Lily but she is eating the living daylights out of it's poor leaves.  Today as I was feeding fish lunch and doing small fish chores she started demanding her meal worm treat.  I told her to be patient that she was right after the fish.  What did she do?  She flew in to the meal worm culture and started helping herself!  I spoke to her harshly and covered the box up.  When I finally started picking her worms she got up and started trying to get back in the culture.  I smacked her on the breast.  She did it a second time and I smacked a little harder.  The third time I smacked her hard enough to not try again.  That's the same way I taught Pip not to chase the cat.

Ms. Chickie has quite a personality Liz. Are you going to keep her as your house chicken?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

No.  I won't mind if she comes to visit but I can't handle all chickens can get in to.  "NO" doesn't work for them.  Plus they shit everywhere.  They can't help it.  They're chickens