• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 05:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 141
Total: 143

Black Friday

Started by Ron Sower, November 27, 2020, 12:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...here we are again...who is going out in the madness?....not I, said this fly...Miss Lucy has "suggested" we decorate for Xmas today... So I guess I will start pulling stuff out of storage for that event...She's already asked me about the technical possibility of hanging a wreath-type thing from the ceiling, to which I responded....I'm not sure how we could get it to stay up....so now we are going to attach whatever she makes to the chandelier in the dining room...MUCH easier to accomplish...

...glad that the Braatens sent home some turkey with us last night...might have some at lunch...

...I've been putting off the WC for the new tetra planted tank...

...Getting a verrrry late start today!....although I feel lazy, guess I'd better start hustling to get things going...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Ron, I also put out some of my snowmen collection, inside and outside.  Not putting them all out, would take too long and I don't want to do it.  But I will make it look festive around here.  I use lots of battery powered lights, I really like them.  I just bought a new Betta, unbelievable how beautiful he is for only $11.  Years ago he would have been hundreds.  His body is whitish blue, and his huge flowing fins are red and white.  He is called a Dragonscale.  I put him in my 5 gal. planted blue shrimp tank, hope he doesn't eat them, there are lots of places for shrimp to hide in there.  I also have another tank of blues.  Do you all have Bettas now?  I have had as many as 4 at a time, different bowls. but this will be my only one.  I named him Tom.  Liz will understand.
Barb

LizStreithorst

That's very sweet of you Barb.

Barb is the only one I have told that my nephew Tom died early this morning of a massive heart attack.  Same as Mug.  Totally unexpected.  He was my best friend.  I feel lost...

I've been taking care of my single chick named Miss Chickie.  She's a week old now and was getting too big and curious for her cardboard box.  I drug in an old 75 gallon tank, filled it with shavings, moved her food and water and then her.  At first she was freaked out.  Suddenly she could see more of the world, although only fish tanks.  She let me comfort her and hold her.  It looks like I have a new pet.  She's figuring out her new home and seems calm and inquisitive.  I left public radio on for her on my remote speaker.  It's what I listen to when I take care of the fish.  It will be calming for her.  And she will be so much better educated than the other hens that I'm afraid that when the time comes to turn her out, she will have no use for them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I'm so sorry Liz, I know how much you loved Tom.  May he rest in peace.  And remember, you have lots of friends, several of them are here for you.

Miss Chickie will be one spoiled girl, and she will make a nice pet for you.  The others will all be jealous of her fine life.  Better keep them separate.  How cute, a chick in a fishtank!
Barb

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. I'm very late here today. The day got away from me once again. Liz I am so sorry to hear about your nephew Tim . This has been one crazy year. May Tim rest in eternal peace.

Barb I have 3 Bettas but haven't named any of them. Two of the are Plakat males and the female is sort of a light pink color.

I haven't gotten into the Christmas spirit yet but I may drag the tree out of the basement tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

I have a friend that is supposed to come over tomorrow to help me start fixing that 150. I know he's done big tanks before. My only concern is that he can be unreliable at times. Let's see if he shows up.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 27, 2020, 02:17:45 PM

Barb is the only one I have told that my nephew Tom died early this morning of a massive heart attack.  Same as Mug.  Totally unexpected.  He was my best friend.  I feel lost...
...Liz, I'm so sorry to learn of his death...Isn't he the one in England, that I was just asking about? So sorry for you and his family... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 27, 2020, 05:59:34 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 27, 2020, 02:17:45 PM

...Liz, I'm so sorry to learn of his death...Isn't he the one in England, that I was just asking about? So sorry for you and his family... :(

Liz sorry I called Tom out of his name. Again my apologies.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.