• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 07:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 284
Total: 284

Thursday's Here

Started by wsantia1, November 19, 2020, 07:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I woke up to a very cold 26 degrees here. That is a middle of January temperature around here. The good thing is that we will get up to 55 degrees this afternoon with plenty of sunshine and wind velocity greatly reduced from the last two days.

I have water changes to do and a couple of small tanks to set up this morning. I'm going to start separating my Black Rams into what I hope is pairs into 20g high tanks. I'll be making those moves after the water changes.

Hopefully you all have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Mornin' Willie, also very cold here but sunny.  All roofs are white with frost this morning.  I have lots of dead flowers from summer now, so will be trimming them all back to put on my compost piles.  Spent most of yesterday helping my mom and my next door neighbor.  I was pushing a shopping cart through WM with 3 different groups of groceries trying to keep them separate.  It worked out fine.  Have a good day,
Barb 

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  I'll get it off my chest and be brief with it.  The 2 boxes I sent will be late.  Another egg hatched.  It's a girl.  The little boy chick I rescued is not right.  I don't think he has the use of one leg.  The female is already kind of walking around.  He is not.

Everything is fine.  Fish are fine.  I have another spawn from my parent raising Pitch Black Rams.  A tiny spawn of Discus should attach tomorrow.  I'll be shipping all my 2 month old Dutch Blues to Miranda FedEX Priority Overnight using her account Monday.  I can't wait.  It will free up a 90 gallon tank.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 19, 2020, 04:51:42 PM
Hi guys.  I'll get it off my chest and be brief with it.  The 2 boxes I sent will be late.  Another egg hatched.  It's a girl.  The little boy chick I rescued is not right.  I don't think he has the use of one leg.  The female is already kind of walking around.  He is not.

Everything is fine.  Fish are fine.  I have another spawn from my parent raising Pitch Black Rams.  A tiny spawn of Discus should attach tomorrow.  I'll be shipping all my 2 month old Dutch Blues to Miranda FedEX Priority Overnight using her account Monday.  I can't wait.  It will free up a 90 gallon tank.

Hey Liz. Looks like you have a lot going on there. Sorry about the little chick rescue. Hopefully he gets better soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thanks Willie.  Most other days don't toss so much bad shit at me as today did.  Most days are reasonable good.  I wish it didn't get dark so early.

Barb

Sorry Liz, I have days like that too sometimes.  Hope today will be better.  And I sure look forward to longer days again, but it will be awhile.  It is dark here by 5:30 now.  Starting Dec. 21 the days will get longer again.  Very slowly of course.
Barb

Ron Sower

...ditto Barb's sentiments, Liz...some days just plain suck!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Afternoon, friends.  Better news to day.  One of my boxes arrived with the box still toasty warm and the fish alive and well.  The other box is still lost in the netherworld.

Little girl chick is doing very well.  Little boy chick more vigorous but still compromised.  Now, listen to this.  A 3rd Bielefleder hen has gone broody.  Do I try again?  I can't decide.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 20, 2020, 03:14:19 PM
Afternoon, friends.  Better news to day.  One of my boxes arrived with the box still toasty warm and the fish alive and well.  The other box is still lost in the netherworld.

Little girl chick is doing very well.  Little boy chick more vigorous but still compromised.  Now, listen to this.  A 3rd Bielefleder hen has gone broody.  Do I try again?  I can't decide.
...go for it Liz... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron