• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 04:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 268
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 253
Total: 254

Another Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, November 18, 2020, 08:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning folks. Decided to jump in now before I get sidetracked with something else. I woke up to the first frost of the season in my area. The sun is out now but our temps will top out at 44 degrees and it is very windy.

I did do a bit of carpet shampooing and now I'm doing some work in the fishroom but after that nothing is really planned for the rest of the day. It's still early so that may change.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...yep...it's early for me too, WIllie!....BUT, I DO have a long list for the week, and what I don't get done today gets moved to the next or a future day... :P
I...i have some shopping errands today, like mailing out some plants and exchanging a CO2 tank...then I'm gonna work on the new Dragonstone build for a 7g tank...more shrimp culling today too!...

...broke some temp records this week for Phoenix the last day or so....hit 92 yesterday....going to 87+ today...sunny...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  I'm sorry I missed yesterday.

Here it's cold in the mornings and incredibly wonderful in the afternoons.  They say rain will come Sunday and Monday.  I hope they're right about the rain for once.  It never seems to materialize.

My chicks started hatching.  They are 4 days late and I think that only 4 will hatch, and that's if I'm lucky.  The stupid mama killed the first one.  They tried to kill the second but I resuced it when I saw that she'd tossed it out of the nest.  When I saw it it was cold but still alive.  I've plugged in the incubator but until it comes to temp I'm going around with a baby chick tucked into my boobs.  It's warm there.  I know that this baby will imprint on me so like it or not I'm going to have a pet house chicken.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 18, 2020, 02:47:20 PM
Hi guys.  I'm sorry I missed yesterday.

Here it's cold in the mornings and incredibly wonderful in the afternoons.  They say rain will come Sunday and Monday.  I hope they're right about the rain for once.  It never seems to materialize.

My chicks started hatching.  They are 4 days late and I think that only 4 will hatch, and that's if I'm lucky.  The stupid mama killed the first one.  They tried to kill the second but I resuced it when I saw that she'd tossed it out of the nest.  When I saw it it was cold but still alive.  I've plugged in the incubator but until it comes to temp I'm going around with a baby chick tucked into my boobs.  It's warm there.  I know that this baby will imprint on me so like it or not I'm going to have a pet house chicken.
...Boob-loving pet house-chicken!...What a life you live, Liz!... :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Yeah.  I'll spend all my time picking up chicken shit.  Chickens cannot be house broken.  Lucky me.  But part of me likes having a house chicken.  I'm weird.
Always move forward. Never look back.