• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 02:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

Hello Monday

Started by wsantia1, November 16, 2020, 08:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I am very happy that the storm we were supposed to get yesterday afternoon missed us to the north.

We did get the cold air with temps dropping into the mid 30s overnight. It is now 52 degrees and sunny with a forecast high of 55F. We do have plenty of sunshine after a couple of days of mostly cloudy conditions.

I have a couple of errands to run this morning and it is definitely a good day for it and it looks like folks are starting to put their Christmas stuff up but I'm still undecided if I will do anything.

I was planning to go see my daughter and granddaughters in NYC for the holidays but Thanksgiving is out and Christmas may be out as well. We shall see.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

The weather turned strange yesterday.  I went to visit April's new puppy.  When I went it was somewhat overcast.  When I left it looked like rain was coming.  After I got home we had a big wind and hard rain for about 30 seconds.  The wind blew both the rain away and left us suddenly back into fall temperatures. 

April give me an empty 20 high they had stored in her shed.  I need smaller tanks badly.  The tank was filthy but must not have been old because the hard water stain came right off with a strong acidic cleaner.  The tank looks brand new now.  I'll have to take out a 120 to make room for it and other tanks in the future.  I hate doing it, the tank was custom made and cost a fortune but it no longer suits my purpose.

I wish I could get rid of this overwhelming sense of impending doom that I've had since yesterday.  I hope it will disappear after I send off my 2 shippments.  These will be the last I'll ship out until after Jan 15th unless someone wants to pay through the nose for express shipping.

I think I'll waste some time until I start bagging and packing.  I'll go fill up at the cheap gas place and buy a cigar.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...It's already 80 now..clear skies...! 8) 8) 8)

...We were planning a Thanksgiving gathering of the dinner group from Florence at our house, but called it off yesterday...or did I already mention that?...Also were planning to go to Tacoma Wa 10 days for Christmas with daughter and granddaughter, but we may be canceling that too..governor has mandated 14 day quarantine for anyone out of state...we have a lot of friends there we wanted to visit as well but won't be "allowed" to do that...safety first, I guess...hate not seeing loved ones...

...started heavy culling the shrimp over the weekend...culls are going into the soon-to-be-heavily-planted tetra tank...

....I have a large to-do list for this week that I'll start on today...

..good day, all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Fish shipped.  I wish I didn't get so stressed over shipping.  It's not a money thing, it's about the buyer being disappointed if for whatever reason the fish get lost or for whatever reason arrive dead.  I don't know how to get over it.  But from now on it's out of my hands so there's nothing more I can do.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2020, 02:12:10 PM
Fish shipped.  I wish I didn't get so stressed over shipping.  It's not a money thing, it's about the buyer being disappointed if for whatever reason the fish get lost or for whatever reason arrive dead.  I don't know how to get over it.  But from now on it's out of my hands so there's nothing more I can do.
... you care...that's important!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Ron.  I guess caring is better than nothing.  Poor Owl received her Altum Angels from Angels Plus in a plain cardboard box.  They must not give a damn if their fish die enroute.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2020, 03:27:22 PM
Thanks, Ron.  I guess caring is better than nothing.  Poor Owl received her Altum Angels from Angels Plus in a plain cardboard box.  They must not give a damn if their fish die enroute.
...caring is important!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron