• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:55:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

Wednesday is here....Hump Day!

Started by Ron Sower, November 11, 2020, 11:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...still morning here in the Valley of the Sun, so I will say GOOD MORNING, WUMPERS!... 8) 8) 8)

...busy day yesterday...pain doc in the morning...Linda went with me...4 ears instead of 2 with a forgetful head between them is better!...they're sending me to orthopedic surgeon for analys....It's time to see what else can be done with my back and knees...I've just been putting it off, but Linda and I are both getting tired of the issues i have...

...I did meet up with a club member who bought my EBA pair and also my Firemouths...and I traded my LFS bunch of shrimp for some subtly beautiful brilliant rasboras...I cup acclimated them to my former cichlid tank water and now they are swimming all over it in a nice little shoal...I'm now wondering if I had kept the Firemouths if they would have played nicely with the barbs and soon-to-get tetras....they did look so nice together against the blue background...

...we have a speaker at noon for our Veterans Day lunch at the clubhouse and then a flag ceremony at 5 today...between those 2 events I'm going to drive up to Cave Creek area to pick up a breeding pair of purple mosaic guppies...I've realized I can keep them in a skittles shrimp tank and keep fry up to a certain age/size in the other shrimp tanks...

....just checked the temp outside on 2 different apps...one is at 52F the other is at 59F huh wfwf...so that's where we are now with nice sunshine!..forecast on one is 67F and the other 69F...at least they are a little closer on that!...

...oh, one last thing...I drove down to Florence last night to play our nickel-dime poker hands with the old group...this was the first time since snowbirds started flocking back into the area...and I came home with $4.50...doubled my money! |^|...BIG MONEY...! :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

...good day to all of you!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron and everyone. Just getting back from the Vet with Kobe. He had a little limp and some allergy issues going on for about a week and I didn't see any improvement so I took him in.

Of course being a Jack Russell, by the time we got to the Vet he was all revved up and of course there was no sign of a limp.

I got him some anti-inflammatories, allergy meds and meds for an ear infection and now he's home begging for food.

Rain has just moved in and it is supposed rain straight through until tomorrow evening. That will give me plenty of time to work in my fishroom without being sidetracked by some outside activities.

It is currently 75 degrees but by the time this rain rolls out we will be left with temps in the mid 40s to low 50s.

I hope you all are enjoying this Veterans Day. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon fellow Whumpers.  Thanks to our veterans who have served for us.

I've felt the need to get out and about here lately.  Today I took a long drive around roads just to see where they led me.  They led me back home but in a different way so I got to sight see.  I like to see old houses that need work but the owners can't afford it.  I like to see houses have been abondened and I wonder about the lives of the people who once live there.   I like to see the things that have and haven't changed in the many years since I've been in those areas.  There aren't the beautiful color changes in the fall leaves down south here but there are places that have red and deep orange leaves on the trees rather than the yellow we see.  I now have a hankering for a Dogwood.  They are killer beautiful when they bloom in the spring and just as beautiful with red leaves and red berries this time of year.  Although they are a native tree here they are hard to get survive when bought at a nursery and planted in a yard.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron, Willie and Liz.  It is warm but pouring rain all day here.  It may be 6" when all gone.  It is a sad Veteran's Day for me, my first without Bill.  We always did something special on "our day".  And the last few years we have had our free dinner at Applebees, thanks to their generosity to Vets. I don't feel like going alone tonight. I did drive to the cemetery today and put flowers out, each of the several thousand graves had a small American flag on it.  It was a memorable sight. 
BArb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on November 11, 2020, 02:42:21 PM
Hi Ron, Willie and Liz.  It is warm but pouring rain all day here.  It may be 6" when all gone.  It is a sad Veteran's Day for me, my first without Bill.  We always did something special on "our day".  And the last few years we have had our free dinner at Applebees, thanks to their generosity to Vets. I don't feel like going alone tonight. I did drive to the cemetery today and put flowers out, each of the several thousand graves had a small American flag on it.  It was a memorable sight. 
BArb
...I hope it was some comfort to you,Barb!...
...we had a small group of 24 people at the flag ceremony tonight...nice event....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks Ron, a military cemetery is a sight to behold on Veteran's Day.
Barb