• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 10:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Exciting Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, October 26, 2020, 10:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's not much but it's a day I've been looking forward to.  I finally get to ship my order of Rams to the buyer in Hawaii.  The guy had to snail mail the permit to me because my printer wouldn't print it correctly.  It took forever to get here.  This is a big order for me.  6 pairs half Dutch blue and half Black.  All his fish have been moved to holding tanks.  It will be really nice to have that tank space available again.

Also, my fertile Bielefelder eggs will arrive today.  They have to rest for 24 hrs. because the eggs get kind of scrambled in their shells during shipping.  It doesn't hurt the eggs but you get a better hatch rate if you let the eggs rest, pointy side down for a day. 

My worry about the hatching is that my broody hen, keeps moving from one next to the nest next to it.  I have 2 fake eggs in each nest.  I'm hoping that with more eggs under her she will stay put.  I'm thinking of starting up the incubator and putting half under the hen and half in the incubator until I see whether she stays on the correct nest.  If not, I'll move all the eggs to the incubator and when they start hatching move them to under the hen.  I don't want to try raising baby chicks without the mother to protect them.  There are lots of hawks searching for an easy meal when the weather starts getting colder.

What's going on with the rest of y'all?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, yes this does sound like a good day for you!  And since I talked to you the other day now I know more about chickens and eggs and hatching.  Good luck with them and the fish shipping.  What island in HI does the guy live on?

Still rainy here today, but that is good for me because it is getting the bug poison into the lawn soil. I spread it yesterday when the rain was here.  I will treat again in March or April. 

If it stops raining I want to clean my pond filter today and plant more pansies.
Barb

Ron Sower

...hi all!...weird weather these days...yesterday was in 80s and cloudy....today high is to be 70 and sunny!...tomorrow and Wed to be in the 60s and tehn back up to mid-80s...! and what's this "rain" you guys keep talking about?... :D

...I'm hungry...have to wait til after 1 to eat...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

A weight has been lifted from my worrying little mind.  I hate it when all I can think about that can go wrong. 

The eggs arrived today and are now resting.  I went up the driveway and chatted with Judy, April's mother.  She has a good head on her shoulders when it comes to chickens. She told me to put a barrier between the two nests Broody was going to.  Done.  I still have the incubator warm and ready should I decide I need it.

I got my fish bagged, boxed and shipped.  They should arrive in Hawaii by Tuesday evening.

wsantia1

Hi everyone. Just got back from my quick trip to NYC. It was short but sweet. I'm a little tired so I should sleep pretty good tonight.

Ron, hopefully your scopes came out well.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 26, 2020, 06:22:45 PM
Hi everyone. Just got back from my quick trip to NYC. It was short but sweet. I'm a little tired so I should sleep pretty good tonight.

...thanks, Willie...

...well, the surprise is this Doc said there is no Barrett's...boy I'm relieved!...Everything went well...got a couple little things but no big deal...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 26, 2020, 08:55:16 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 26, 2020, 06:22:45 PM

...thanks, Willie...

...well, the surprise is this Doc said there is no Barrett's...boy I'm relieved!...Everything went well...got a couple little things but no big deal...

That's great new Ron. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

That really is wonderful, Ron. 

Ron Sower

...Thanks!...I think so too!... :) :)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron