• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 10:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 171
Total: 173

Happy Saturday

Started by wsantia1, October 24, 2020, 08:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's going to be another beautiful day here on the Delaware Bay with the current temp at 63 degrees under a partly sunny sky. Our high temp will get up to 73 degrees and we may get as high as 75F.

I'll be doing a little yard work today. No weeding but trimming back the perennials and just getting things better for the upcoming holiday and winter seasons. If I don't do the work now I know it will get away from me.

I see that they already have a bunch of snow in Minnesota and while we don't get much snow here (no snow last year), we are due for a big one.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

hello all....

...Looks like we'll top out in mid 80s today with cloud cover...some predict rain but my computer app says no...

...I see i missed all you guys yesterday...woke up really late again (10:30)...groggy and took a while to get going...then Stan and I spent a good portion of the afternoon reconnecting all the cables for my sound system to the TV...Haven't had it set up since we moved here in December...

...then at 4pm went to the clubhouse for our Under the Big Top Murder Mystery Dinner...I played the part of P. U. Barnhum...a pompous owner of the circus...Lucy played Annie Croakley, the sharp shooter...Stan played Mayor Primm who had a lot of "crooked" businesses in the town of Podunk...Barbara was (I can neither remember or pronounce her name) a bareback horse rider gro Czechoslovakia who actually turned out to be an East German spy!...no one except the actual murder knew who the culprit was...I started blaming the Mayor when anyone asked me any questions...because he had so many crooked businesses and the dead ringmaster, Mr. Rhett Coate, had worked for him and knew his secrets...it was a lot of fun...as it turned out Stan was the culprit!...I was given a certificate for being the best actor!!!..We old folks know how to have fun!.. :D :D :D

...looks like I have a few errands to run today while Lucy plays Bunco...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It hasn't been pleasant out today but it's still been a good day.  It started storming at bedtime last night and rained most of the night.  I was happy to get the rain but it was hard to get some sleep with 5 dogs shivering and panting at me.  Today we've had a light mist and overcast all day.

The interesting news is that among the fry my Discus pair has attached are several albinos.  I knew that the pair was het for albino but in the past the fry were blinded by normal room light and the light over their tank.  All I did different was put the moon light on rather than the full spectrum light.  The type of light is a Finnnex Vivid LED just if anyone has any albino fry they might want to try this on next time they get a spawn.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 24, 2020, 03:16:55 PM
It hasn't been pleasant out today but it's still been a good day.  It started storming at bedtime last night and rained most of the night.  I was happy to get the rain but it was hard to get some sleep with 5 dogs shivering and panting at me.  Today we've had a light mist and overcast all day.

The interesting news is that among the fry my Discus pair has attached are several albinos.  I knew that the pair was het for albino but in the past the fry were blinded by normal room light and the light over their tank.  All I did different was put the moon light on rather than the full spectrum light.  The type of light is a Finnnex Vivid LED just if anyone has any albino fry they might want to try this on next time they get a spawn.
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron