• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Welcome to Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, October 22, 2020, 01:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi folks.  I did a little dog earlier.  Last time Bella was here I noticed that the lymph nodes in her neck where quite enlarged.  I told the owner but she decided not to see the vet about it.  Bella is an older dog but still apparently healthy and happy.  It's probably lymphoma.  Treatment might buy time, but would be very costly and not change the ultimate outcome.  In this case I agree with the owner's decision.  Still, I feel that as the groomer it is my job to bring anything abnormal to the owner's attention.

Nothing on the must do list today although there's lots on the should do list.  Manana...If I'm in the mood.

I won the auction for my Bielefelder eggs.  The seller has already shippid them but it will be a miracle if they get here before Monday.

My Discus wigglers are attaching.  Everything seems to be going well.  It looks like this pair will be good parents.

what's up with all of y'all?

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. I was out most of the day and then I managed to squeeze in a haircut and get my water changes done.

Now I am just relaxing on my front porch enjoying this great weather.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, would you believe it got up to 82 today?  Just too hot for this time of year, I even briefly thought about turning the AC back on.  But did not.  Have had a gardening day. And lucnch out in a friend's backyard.

I did find out what to treat my lawn for mole crickets with.  I bought the right poison granules and a walk behind spreader. Now I just need to wait for a good long rain to happen before I spread the poison.  Directions say to spread it then let the rain water it in. My whole lawn looks just awful, as a gardener it particularly bothers me.  But at least all my fish are well.  Liz that is great you have wrigglers to care for, and baby chicks coming to hatch out!
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 22, 2020, 01:24:58 PM
Hi folks.  I did a little dog earlier.  Last time Bella was here I noticed that the lymph nodes in her neck where quite enlarged.  I told the owner but she decided not to see the vet about it.  Bella is an older dog but still apparently healthy and happy.  It's probably lymphoma.  Treatment might buy time, but would be very costly and not change the ultimate outcome.  In this case I agree with the owner's decision.  Still, I feel that as the groomer it is my job to bring anything abnormal to the owner's attention.

Nothing on the must do list today although there's lots on the should do list.  Manana...If I'm in the mood.

I won the auction for my Bielefelder eggs.  The seller has already shippid them but it will be a miracle if they get here before Monday.

My Discus wigglers are attaching.  Everything seems to be going well.  It looks like this pair will be good parents.

what's up with all of y'all?
...congrats, Liz...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on October 22, 2020, 04:09:05 PM
Hi Liz and Willie, would you believe it got up to 82 today?  Just too hot for this time of year, I even briefly thought about turning the AC back on.  But did not.  Have had a gardening day. And lucnch out in a friend's backyard.

I did find out what to treat my lawn for mole crickets with.  I bought the right poison granules and a walk behind spreader. Now I just need to wait for a good long rain to happen before I spread the poison.  Directions say to spread it then let the rain water it in. My whole lawn looks just awful, as a gardener it particularly bothers me.  But at least all my fish are well.  Liz that is great you have wrigglers to care for, and baby chicks coming to hatch out!
Barb
...not really...it's Indian summer!... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...was a lackluster day for me...lotsa pain and I put off the pain meds til later this afternoon...should not have...also stayed in bed til 10:30...

...they finished the floors today and the house takes on a different look throughout..I'm liking it...It's a pain trying to get the TV reset after unplugging it...the Hopper comes on but cant get the TV too... huh wfwf I guess we'll get on the phone with Dish tomorrow...

...not much going on fishroom-wise...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron