• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 10:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

Beautiful Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, October 21, 2020, 09:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's going to be a beautiful weather day here. It is 63 degrees and going up to 76F this afternoon. All of this under a nice sunny sky. It also make for a great day to run my errands.

Wishing you all a great day. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good afternoon Willie, ditto for our weather here, but will go up to 80.  I took my mom to vote this morning, hoping the curbside voting wouldn't have 12 cars in it.  Thankfully I was the only car at 9am.  She was  done voting in 20 min!  I hear about people waiting up to 8 hrs in line, we could not do that.
I plan to garden this afternoon, you should see all the butterflies I have this year, mostly on my zinnias.  And I have a mole cricket infestation in my front lawn, anyone here know what I have to put on the lawn to kill them? They eat the grass roots.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Email Felder.  Garden@mpbonline.org.  He'll know.

It's going up to close to 90 today!!!  I'm going to have to turn on the AC!  I got my little outside stuff done earleir.  I ran the sprinkler all night last night it has been so dry.  I got the last of my garlic planted, compost dug in, and mulched earlier.  I ran to Ellisville, mostly because I'm bored and found a Thyme plant at the feed store.  It was the last one and in pretty rough shape but it will recover with a little TLC.  I got it in the ground and taken care of.  My thyme from last year got overtaken by mint.  Note to self.  Never plant mint in the garden unless you want to takeover the world with mint!

I finally have a halfway decent spawn of 35 wigglers on the Discus cone.  This homebred pair is het for albino.  I'm sure that the 6 or so Albino wigglers will not attach.  Any amount of light will blind them so that they can't find their parents but if the others attach it will finally give me something to work with.

Ron, those red shrimp I was so disappointed in turned red so I'll be able to give the guy positive feedback.  I actually found a baby assassin snail in their tank that I removed to a tank without shrimp.  I didn't think that the assassins would breed in my water but apparently they can.  Sure wish I could keep them in the shrimp tank with all it's MTS but since they eat tiny baby shrimp I cannot.  I hate MTS as much as I hate black beard algae!

April finally came by yesterday afternoon.  I could tell that she had be having second thoughts about adopting my broody hen.  She started talking about perhaps ordering some fertile hatching eggs but didn't commit.  She gave strong reasons that it might not work.  But it put in idea in my head that I don't know why didn't show up earlier.  I can buy 10 fertile Bielefelder eggs on Ebay.  That way if this broody is a good mama I can have a fertile Rooster by as early as May.  April if all for me keeping her and taking a chance.  I would have a much better chance of success than her because the hen would not have to be moved.  There's an auction on EBay ending at 5pm today.  No bids at all so far.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Thanks Liz, I emailed him but have not heard back yet.   Will let you know if/when I do.
Barb