• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 08:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Tuesday Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, October 20, 2020, 03:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Afternoon friends.  This morning I turned down a grooming dog this morning that I told the owner I might have to turn down.  I did the dog 3 months ago when she was 5 months old.  She was larger than I usually take but she had such an easy puppy coat and she was so well behaved.  Of course, Harley grew and her coat was going through the change to adult hair.  The owner wanted a longish cut.  I would have had to do a total brushout which was doable but would have been hard on me.  I missed out on $75. which hurt but I didn't want do do what I figured would take me 2 days to recover from.  The owner will still be bringing her two small dogs.

I poked around in the veggie garden.  I actually had a dream about my Broccoli last night.  I roasted it and it was delicious.  This morning all I did was turned the soil and planted a bunch of garlic.  I have a bit more to plant tomorrow but I discovered a fire ant next where I want it so I couldn't do it until they were dead.  Then I raked up a bunch of dead grass and mulched both the garlic broccoli.

This afternoon I bagged up and shipped off 8 gold rams to a guy on Statin Island.  I swear, these rams have been good to me.  I sure wish I'd have bred more of the blacks and golds but I think that the Dutch Blues are by far the coolest.  Some buyers agree but most go for the Blacks and then the Golds.  I need to post more auctions but I'll get around to it tomorrow.

So what were all of y'all up to today?

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. Sorry you lost out on the dog Liz but if it takes too much of a toll on you it was best not to take it.

It's been a great day so far with temps in the 70s and plenty of sunshine. I have done absolutely nothing today.

Hope everyone is having a great day..
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...my internet is out until.tonight and I hate trying to type on my phone...fingers are too fat!...but I decided to catch up by phone today...

...Liz, I had to read your paragraph to Linda about the grooming to point out to her that you must do a wonderful job  for your customers...we have a good friend in our old florence community who has a wheaton terrier that I love...has always complained that a certain groomer never gave it the right cut...I'll bet he'd love your work!...

...on another note from your post....when I look into doing a physical project, always go thru a mental process to determine what the recuperation  time will be...then determine if it's worth it to me or if I'm going to hire it out!!!.

...these guys doing our floors are doing a great job and are so polite...should finish tomorrow....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 20, 2020, 03:37:00 PM
Good afternoon Liz and everyone. Sorry you lost out on the dog Liz but if it takes too much of a toll on you it was best not to take it.

It's been a great day so far with temps in the 70s and plenty of sunshine. I have done absolutely nothing today.

Hope everyone is having a great day..
...congrats, Willie!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, Soft Coated Wheatens are cool dogs.  The problem with them is that owners don't realize that they have a high maintence coat that if not kept up properly makes for a very time consuming, if not impossible groom.  Of course cutting the body short gives the dog a much different look, but if the groomer can nail the head, which has a style unique to the breed, the dog still comes out looking like a Wheaten.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 22, 2020, 01:01:15 PM
Ron, Soft Coated Wheatens are cool dogs.  The problem with them is that owners don't realize that they have a high maintence coat that if not kept up properly makes for a very time consuming, if not impossible groom.  Of course cutting the body short gives the dog a much different look, but if the groomer can nail the head, which has a style unique to the breed, the dog still comes out looking like a Wheaten.

I live Wheatens. My neighbor has a young female that is crazy about Kobe. She's too young for him and he mostly ignores her though she tries hard to get his attention. 😝
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.