• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:41:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 124
Total: 125

Wipe downs

Started by Ron Sower, October 18, 2020, 12:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Liz, you mention wiping down your tanks from time to time...what do you use for that?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

sometimes a 3M scrubby pad, sometimes a microfiber cloth.  Barb just uses paper towels.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...anyone ever use the Mr. Clean scrubbers?...I read where some do...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 18, 2020, 08:40:56 PM
...anyone ever use the Mr. Clean scrubbers?...I read where some do...

I've used a generic version of it on my tanks. It worked great at wipedowns but they break down easily. The cost of the generics is way cheaper than the Mr. Clean and Mr. Clean breaks down easily also. When I get home I'll post the link from Amazon. I'm at the dentist now to start a root canal.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I tried them.  They seemed like a good idea at the time but like Willie said, they break down quickly.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Amnd you have to be VERY careful there is no cleaning agent/ anti mildew agent in the sponges.  I do use paper towels, and just wipe real hard if tough algae.  I have also used a razor blade.  Nothing gets by that.
Barb

ghonk

I use a paper towels too,and razor blade occasionally if there is a tough spot.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

...thanks, all!...I was considering using them but if the break down that easily, I'll just keep on with my green pads...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 20, 2020, 01:02:04 AM
...thanks, all!...I was considering using them but if the break down that easily, I'll just keep on with my green pads...

I'm posting the link anyway. This is the same thing as the Mr.Clean but with no additional cleaning material added. As you can see it is much cheaper too.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756X8LXX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.