• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 08:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Cold Sunday

Started by wsantia1, October 18, 2020, 05:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Morning everyone. It is a cold 38 degrees here but the high temp is forecast to get up to 65F this afternoon under a bright sunny sky. We will be in the 70s most of the rest of the week.

I will be working in the fishroom again today. I am finally making headway on tank maintenance that is not related to water changes including algae removal and tank polishing. If I do a few tanks everyday I will have great looking tanks.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, I missed here yesterday.  Was on an all day trip to visit my daughter and her new husband.  I had a wonderful day, we ate lunch in a park, visited the UNC botanical gardens and got some plants at Lowe's there.  This is all in Chapel Hill.  On the way home I stopped to see an old friend for awhile, she and her husband are both ailing, they have a huge tobacco farm in Goldsboro NC.  Their sons run it all now.  But a very interesting place to visit.  I drove about 300 mi., light traffic most of my trip.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Once I started thinking about it I remembered you saying that you were going to visit Diane.  Glad you made some fun side trips and had a good time.  What plants did you buy?  Is Dianne into gardening, too?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...85 now and going to 93 today with 13% RH...sunny skies here in AZ...

...just did a water change on the Congo tank...it sure looks devoid of plants since the last swap meet...! huh  They're starting to grow back in though...

...we're going to Goodwill and the Halloween store to look for costumes for a Murder Mystery Dinner this week at the clubhouse...I'm going to be P. U. Barnum, owner of the 3-ring circus....we won't know who the killer is until right before it starts, so we have to learn answers to questions beforehand that can fit either the killer or non-killer...I'll do quite a bit of ad-libbing because I don't do well trying to memorize lines!... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Sounds like fun Ron!  Take a few pics to show us?
Liz, yes she is a gardener too, indoors only now, they rent a condo.
I bought a dwarf Cryptomeria bush, usually a huge tree. gorgeous foliage.Bush gets  4'x4', the tree gets 40'tall, huge trunk. I used to have 2 at old house.  Look it up and see how you like it.  Putting it near my pond so I can see it a  lot.
Barb.

Ron Sower

...nice cultivar, Barb... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron