• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 04:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

Sunny and Cool Saturday

Started by wsantia1, October 17, 2020, 12:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is a cool (was cold) and sunny afternoon here and it feels good as long as you are on the sunny side of the street.

Not much going on here so I am doing some touchups on a few of my tanks. Just basic stuff like algae removal and diatoming where needed. I did big water changes yesterday on all of them

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie, and everyone else.  The weather here is identical to yours.  I did a couple of dogs this morning then blew the leaves in the front yard.  My sweet neighbor gave me his electric leaf blower!  He bought a gas powered one because he got tired of messing with the cord. I'll tell you what, blowing beats the heck out of raking.  I'm going to plant some garlic in the herb garden and after all nothing much is planned other than laundry. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I bought some Bloody Mary shrimp on AB to add to my stock because mine have stopped breeding and I hoped that an unrelated strain might get them going like they once were.  I'm very disappointed in the shrimp.  They are all small juveniles and their color is not nearly as good as my shrimp.  They are almost orange.  The seller had all good feedback.  I haven't decide whether I'll pursue it with the seller or just blow it off.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2020, 04:08:07 PM
I bought some Bloody Mary shrimp on AB to add to my stock because mine have stopped breeding and I hoped that an unrelated strain might get them going like they once were.  I'm very disappointed in the shrimp.  They are all small juveniles and their color is not nearly as good as my shrimp.  They are almost orange.  The seller had all good feedback.  I haven't decide whether I'll pursue it with the seller or just blow it off.
...that's a tough call, Liz....I've culled some of my young bloodies, put them in another tank and a week later they've developed their color!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...Traded some shrimp this morning....strengthened my orange colony...

...played cards this afternoon...back was hurting so I had some of my special gummies and that helped a lot...I could smile thru it...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 18, 2020, 01:16:11 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 17, 2020, 04:08:07 PM
...that's a tough call, Liz....I've culled some of my young bloodies, put them in another tank and a week later they've developed their color!...

I guess I'll just wait and hope for the best.  I don't want to create a fuss over a few shrimp whether or not they color up.