• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 126
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

Saturday 10 10 2020

Started by Barb, October 10, 2020, 05:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning, look at today's date.  Maybe it will be a special day, bet there are lots of weddings today.  Many people put great faith in numbers....
I was busy outside all day yesterday, doing yard work.  Today and tomorrow, maybe Monday too, we get rain.  Liz hope you had no damage from Delta?  What a hurricane season this year is to go along with all the other stuff going on in 2020.  Have a good day Willie, Liz and Ron, and Dennis if you are here too.
Barb

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and everyone. It's a cloudy and warm day here. We will get to a high temp of 73F and we are just the table for all day rain tomorrow.

I'm feeling a little lazy and tired so I might just squeeze in a nap in a little while. I just have to finish a couple of water changes first.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm here...finally.  Barb called this morning to check on how I did with the hurricane.  She's kind of paraniod about weather but I love that she will call just to make sure I'm not dead. 

The only consistent thing today was the wind.  It came in suddenly in the wee hours of the morning and actually woke me up.  It woke the dogs up to and they started barking until they realized that it was just wind.  It has been sunny.  It has been overcast but the one thing that remained consistent was wind and gusts of bigger wind.  I love it when it blows!

The high points of my day were when a hen has been checking out inside my house.  It was a gradual process but I knew what she was up to.  She thought she'd find a good place to lay an egg in here.  Once when I was resting my back on the loveseat listening to NPR she jumped on the loveseat checked out every part of it by pecking and scratching.  She even got on me.  Is that not too cool?  She snuggled down on my chest and I thought she might lay an egg on me but I guess I wasn't soft enough.  After that she went back outside and I got up and started more dog laundry.  I was surprised when an hour or so had past and I heard an egg song from inside the house.  Sure 'nuf she came back in and laid her egg right in the spot exactly where I was resting.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 10, 2020, 05:47:04 PM
I'm here...finally.  Barb called this morning to check on how I did with the hurricane.  She's kind of paraniod about weather but I love that she will call just to make sure I'm not dead. 

The only consistent thing today was the wind.  It came in suddenly in the wee hours of the morning and actually woke me up.  It woke the dogs up to and they started barking until they realized that it was just wind.  It has been sunny.  It has been overcast but the one thing that remained consistent was wind and gusts of bigger wind.  I love it when it blows!

The high points of my day were when a hen has been checking out inside my house.  It was a gradual process but I knew what she was up to.  She thought she'd find a good place to lay an egg in here.  Once when I was resting my back on the loveseat listening to NPR she jumped on the loveseat checked out every part of it by pecking and scratching.  She even got on me.  Is that not too cool?  She snuggled down on my chest and I thought she might lay an egg on me but I guess I wasn't soft enough.  After that she went back outside and I got up and started more dog laundry.  I was surprised when an hour or so had past and I heard an egg song from inside the house.  Sure 'nuf she came back in and laid her egg right in the spot exactly where I was resting.

That's a great chicken and egg story Liz. That is really cool. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Great story Liz!
I have still been thinking of numbers all day and how unusual today's is.  Nobody but me has said a word about it, surprisingly.
How about these?
11 11 2222
12 12 2424
and going back in time"
9 9 1818
8 8   1616
7 7   1414
6 6   1212
5 5   1010
4 4   88
3 3   6 6
2 2   4 4 and ...
1 1   22AD
Do you see how rare this is and how long until it happens sequentially again?  And how few times in the past 2020 years?  I find this fascinating, even if I am the only one.
Barb