• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 07:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Happy Friday

Started by wsantia1, October 09, 2020, 08:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a chilly start to my day with temps at 44 degrees when I got up. It is now 52F and will be getting up to 71F with sunny skies and light winds this afternoon. 

I am beyond happy with the Black Rams I got from Liz yesterday. I have looked at pictures of Black Rams on the web before I got them and none of them came close to these in terms of deep coloration.

Additionally these fish were so active that it was hard to believe that these guys were in the mail for three days. The packing and bagging was superb. Thanks Liz.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thanks Willie.  My breeding stock came from a guy I met on Simply.  He is big into rams.  He calls the best of his blacks Pitch Black Rams.  I don't use his term because I believe that as the breeder of these Pitch Blacks he owns the name.  I just call mine dark rams even though most of the are indeed pitch black.  The guy's name is Tom Muller.  His user name on the forums and on AB is CoralBandit.  I considered it quite the compliment when he purchased 8 of my Dutch Blues.

I've got pleanty of running around to do today.  The vet for refills of Tinks meds, the feed store for the horse, the pet store to deliver fish, and then the other direction into Ellisville to pick up my meds.  I'm glad gas is cheap right now and my little Peamite gets 38 mpg.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Ah. nice day so far.  I decided to wait until tomorrow to go to the feed store since I prefer to pay cash.  I have a dog in the morning which will allow me to by 3 sacks of feed rather than 1 or 2.  My horse likes this new feed.  The ingredients compare favorably to those of her old food and it's actually a few dollars less per sack than the feed that she's used to.
Perhaps the difference in price is that the new stuff is all pellets and doesn't look terribly appetizing to me.  A lot of pet food is made to appeal to the buyer rather than the consumer.
Always move forward. Never look back.