• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 07:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 174
Total: 174

Hello on Thursday

Started by Barb, October 08, 2020, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everyone!  Sunny, cool 65 degrees, no wind, blue sky.  Looks to be a good day here.  Liz, looks like you will get some rain soon.  The poor Gulf coast, another hurricane   wfwf
Hope you all have a good day, we shall see what it brings us.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is a cool 56 degrees at the moment but there is no wind and it is sunny so it feels really good outside. We will be in the high 60s before the end of the day.

I have a package coming in today that's already out for delivery. My mail lady usually comes between 9 and 10. She is excellent and I always give her a little something around XMAS time.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  Another lazy day here.  Did a little outside work earlier then it started to rain.  We will have several rainy days in a row.  I've been wanting more rain so  could do more outdoor stuff, but I kind of think that by the time it dries out I'll be tired of the soggy ground.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...all's well here...finished doing some stuff around the house so far...trimmed Lucy's hair... gotta get a blood lab done...drop by the feel-good store later today...online meeting with the club board tonight...

...did any of you see our Youtube video of the swap?Check it out at 4:25! ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9d0Fg_p0WA&t=144s

...hum-drum day...hope all of you are doing well today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It was huge!  Nobody cares about tropical fish where I live.  Was it like that before you moved there, Ron?

I sure didn't see any social distancing.  I'm glad you were wearing a face mask.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Wow, what a big event!  I have never been to or seen such a thing before.  Probably a good thing for my wallet.  If I had been there I would have probably tried to get each color of shrimp.  How many shrimp in each of those little containers and how much on average was a container?  I bet that was a fun day and thanks for showing us!
Barb

Ron Sower

Mike was selling the shrimp 5 in a cup for $20...He's the fellow I've mentioned before....We do have fun at these....we get a bigger turnout here than I did in the south-of-seattle area back when I started swaps up there...I didn't work with the LFS there like we do here...I think some of the stores were doing frag swaps, but no one mentioned that there had ever been a freshwater swap meet in the area...Masks were mandatory...distancing was recommended, but hard to do in the confines...LFS owner kept saying don't limit vendors, so we didn't...next time I won't trust them and go with my own gut...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 11, 2020, 01:13:11 PM
Mike was selling the shrimp 5 in a cup for $20...He's the fellow I've mentioned before....We do have fun at these....we get a bigger turnout here than I did in the south-of-seattle area back when I started swaps up there...I didn't work with the LFS there like we do here...I think some of the stores were doing frag swaps, but no one mentioned that there had ever been a freshwater swap meet in the area...Masks were mandatory...distancing was recommended, but hard to do in the confines...LFS owner kept saying don't limit vendors, so we didn't...next time I won't trust them and go with my own gut...

It was a great swap Ron. Reminiscent of the swaps we had in the Chicago area when I was there and much better than anything we have here. The Capital Cichlid Assoc. (CCA) in DC has one per year and that was canceled this year. Hopefully it returns next year.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...The swaps aren't really designed to bring in a lot of money for the club, but it does attract new members...
...our monthly auctions brought in more $$$...may try to arrange one in the future...we brought in thousands of $$$ at the 2 big auctions held by GSAS each year...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron