• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:12:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 156
Total: 157

Good Afternoon Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, October 06, 2020, 11:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hey everybody. Just hanging out in the fishroom today. Finished working with the shrimp tanks and now I'm getting ready to start the fish tanks.

It is a beautiful fall day with the current temp at 67 degrees under partly sunny skies with a light breeze. I will probably go sit outside for a bit before I start working on the fish tanks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, Willie,  I did 2 dogs this morning then ran to the feed store for my horse.  This is the second feed store I have tried since the one I'd been using for 45 years closed.  Their price for Save Choice Senior was $2.50 more per 50 lb. sack than what I'm used to paying.  They had another complete feed called Triumph which is only 16.50.  I bought one of each to see if my old horse will eat the cheap stuff.  Then I gassed up at my cheap gas place and that's it.

If I get any thing more productive done today I will be surprised.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2020, 01:13:06 PM
Good afternoon, Willie,  I did 2 dogs this morning then ran to the feed store for my horse.  This is the second feed store I have tried since the one I'd been using for 45 years closed.  Their price for Save Choice Senior was $2.50 more per 50 lb. sack than what I'm used to paying.  They had another complete feed called Triumph which is only 16.50.  I bought one of each to see if my old horse will eat the cheap stuff.  Then I gassed up at my cheap gas place and that's it.

If I get any thing more productive done today I will be surprised.
... :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...ahh... a good night's sleep...up at 9 and showered and to and from the pain doc appt...

...doing a water change on the Congo planted tank...too much "dust" settled on the plants after yesterday's WC and replanting...I may do another one tomorrow....won't hurt anything...

...Lucy's got a gal friend over and they're making cards, so I'm gonna rework some Rotalas and put them in clay pots to go in the 20g plant holding tank...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Ron!  I did my usual morning chores around the house, took a bike ride like I try to do each morning.  Then I had to go to the Marine base nearby to get some prescriptions filled.  I was only 15 miles from the beach at that time so I made a surprise unplanned trip to the beach.  Took my little beach chair, a sandwich from Subway, a bottle of water and had a lovely 45 min. sitting with my feet in the ocean while I ate lunch.  The weather was perfect.  I needed this and I feel much better now.

BTW, I have had tank overflows, tipped over buckets, hoses fallen out of tanks, etc.  We all spill water if we are fishkeepers!  My worst was a cracked 125 with water spewing out of the crack all over my living room rug.  That was a bad night.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, that sounds like just the kind of day you've been needing.
Always move forward. Never look back.