• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:39:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

Good Afternoon Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, September 22, 2020, 12:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hey everyone. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Great day here with temps at our high of 72 degrees with plenty of sun and a little breeze.

Just got back in the house from a little food shopping since I have some company coming in for the weekend.

While I was out I picked up a little 3.5 gallon tank setup from Petsmart that I saw on one of the shrimp sites on facebook. It was 19 bucks on sale and comes with programmable LED lighting, a filter and a lid.

https://www.petsmart.com/fish/starter-kits/top-fin-enchant-aquarium---3.5-gallon-38392.html

It looks promising for shrimp or nano fish. I may keep this one in my living quarters on the main floor.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, I have 2 of those little tanks, they are great!  My mom even has one with a few Endlers in it.  You will like it.  I find that the best color is the clear one, the red, green or blue are kind of strange looking.  And you can grow a few low light plants in there like I do.  Mainly Anubias and Java Moss.  Plus a nice rock and gravel.  Let us know how you like it.  Our weather here is just like yours today!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on September 22, 2020, 02:28:37 PM
Hi Willie, I have 2 of those little tanks, they are great!  My mom even has one with a few Endlers in it.  You will like it.  I find that the best color is the clear one, the red, green or blue are kind of strange looking.  And you can grow a few low light plants in there like I do.  Mainly Anubias and Java Moss.  Plus a nice rock and gravel.  Let us know how you like it.  Our weather here is just like yours today!
Barb

Hi Barb. Thanks for the feedback. I thought I was getting a good deal when I saw it and then ordered it, now I know I am. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hi guys and gals... stayed busy today working on the dragonstone project...this one I'm naming Box Canyon...sent pics to the young lady and she loves it so far...asked if I could add one more thing to it...no problem... so now I need to clean up the excess cured glues and epoxies with the Dremel...It is an articulated feature, so she can link the 4 sections together or separate them in any way she sees fit...

...got a call from new friends in the park here and we went up to a nice second hand store and lunch...then came back and continued to work on it...I'm loving it!...

...Decided I'm going back in time and get a nice guppy trio for breeding...I had them when I was in college and then again in early 1st marriage...I have some shrimpless tanks on the shrimp rack...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Nothing wrong with a tank of beautiful guppies!  I have a wild guppy story from 1971 to share another time.  Remind me if I forget,