• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

Sleepy Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, September 19, 2020, 11:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Good morning...we made it there and back...it was boring... no shows open...Lucy and I were one of 4 couples over 40 years of age that we saw there...walking the strip is no longer a good option for us because of my knees and her hips!...this getting old sucks..! wfwf ...we did drive out to an area called Red Rocks, but that doesn't hold a candle to Valley of Fire...

...thought about you, Willie, when we went to Morton's and I had the most delicious filet mignon I've had in a very long time...

...good to get back to my fishroom...the Acara fry came through fine...there are about 5-6 berried yellow shrimp...the Congo tanks is overgrown with plants...and no fish died...Stan and Barb do a great job of feeding for me while we're gone...

...hope all are well and that Sally didn't cause any harm to any of you...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good to have you back, Ron.  It was feeling empty here although it was nice that Dinnis popped in once while you were gone.  Owl is back which is great.

Sorry you trip was a big snooze.  Glad the fish did while while you were gone.  You're lucky to have friends to look after them.  Sally was kind to us.  Barb finally got the rain she was needing so badly.  I didn't get a single drop.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron and Liz.  Maybe that steak was worth the trip Ron??  I would like to go to LV sometime, but no time soon.  The next Discus convention will be there in Spring of 2022.  That is a long way away, maybe the world will be safe to travel in by then?  Yes, we got rain and it lasted until last night.  Liz maybe you will get some Beta rain.
Barb

BallAquatics

Good day all.  The beautiful weather continues here in Ohio.  Second morning with temps in the high 30's.  Tomatoes are doing fine though.  Been harvesting daily, need to make a big pot of chilli and use up some of them, but they are so tasty just to pop in your mouth!  LOL

Put the winter windshield on the blue bike and went for a nice long ride through farm country.  The past couple of years they have put down new pavement on most of the state routes which makes for some very nice laid-back rides.  It's a sunny 65 right now, just perfect for working in the yard.  Going to burn some downed wood, will be a perfect evening to set around the fire!

Enjoy your weekend my friends!  --  Dennis

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is a real cool and breezy day here. The sun is out but you need a sweater or windbreaker out there. It is refreshing though.

Ron, I'm glad you had a good steak in LV. The last time I was there I won $3500 on the slots and had a huge steak at Gallagher's in the New York, NY hotel.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Barb, if you do get to LV anytime soon it will have a totally different demographic...we saw a total of about 4 couples anywhere near our age this trip...Piano bars are rare...you smell pot in the air a good part of the time...it's recreational there...sirens all night long...the strip is not the place for us any more... wfwf

...and Willie...you be a lucky son-of-a-gun!...we didn't put a dime in the slots this time...usually we go big with $20 on a gambling spree for a whole trip!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

OK, never mind about LV then.  Not even for the convention.  Hope they pick a different city.  I used to go to Atlantic City with my parents a few times when they lived in Baltimore.  And Jackpot Nevada when they lived in Boise Idaho.  Both fun places, THEN, but probably not anymore. 
Barb