• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 05:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 117
Total: 118

Good Morning Thursday

Started by wsantia1, September 17, 2020, 08:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hello everyone. Another nice day here where we will get up to 72 degrees under cloudy skies. If the sun comes out our temp will get closer to 80F.

Going to get my car serviced this afternoon but otherwise I am not doing much.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, just got home from a "fun" trip to my dentist.  Now I wait for Sally to leave our area, hopefully by tomorrow.  Just clouds and some rain for now.  Hope no wind.  Have you seen all the other potential storms out in the Atlantic?  What a year, for so many reasons!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on September 17, 2020, 10:11:44 AM
Hi Willie, just got home from a "fun" trip to my dentist.  Now I wait for Sally to leave our area, hopefully by tomorrow.  Just clouds and some rain for now.  Hope no wind.  Have you seen all the other potential storms out in the Atlantic?  What a year, for so many reasons!
Barb

We will get just a taste of Sally here because a cold front is coming down from the west/nw and will push Sally away from us and keep it to the bottom portion of the peninsula. We will still get 1 to 2 inches of rain though.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's sunny and beautiful today.  My Bielefelders have started laying but today I went to check on a nest and there was a snake there with an egg half way in his mouth.  I killed the SOB and tossed him over the fence and into the pasture.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Poor snake, just looking for a meal and he died for it.  But I do understand you not wanting it in your henhouse. I don't want them in my yard, especially my pond.  But the nature lover in me says too bad to kill when something is just eating to stay alive.  I like to capture and relocate if possible.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I don't have the same empathy with cold blooded animals that I do with warm blooded but I do feel kind of bad about this.  The culprit was a rat snake.  They do a lot of good catching and eating rodents which I have more than my share of.  But this one find a nice cozy spot under the nest where he could rest and digest his egg until hungry again when he could just help himself.  I won't be providing room and board for an egg eating snake so it was off with his head.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 18, 2020, 07:14:44 AM
.....  I won't be providing room and board for an egg eating snake so it was off with his head.

Pop told me when he was a kid they sold eggs to raise money to pay the property taxes.  He said they had glass eggs to keep the hens laying where they should.  He also said that black snakes would sneak in and eat the glass eggs by mistake and then wouldn't be able to escape the hen house through the space under the door.

Dennis