• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:29:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Getting back into things...

Started by Owl307, September 16, 2020, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owl307

Quote from: Barb on September 23, 2020, 08:54:47 AM
I agree, just beautiful!  Why is it on a towel though?
Barb

Haha, it's not on a towel. That's the texture of the wall behind the tank! I will eventually paint the back of the glass black. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Owl307

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 23, 2020, 01:44:59 AM
...what a gorgeous fish!... |^|

Thank you! The smallest is about 100% glitter too but with more of a blue sheen!  The third fish only really has the iridescence near it's face but has the nice smooth body shape. And the fourth is somewhere in the middle as far as the sparkle goes. I will get better photos when they warm up. I had to alter the flow on the tank because it was a little too much for the veils and it spooked them this morning.

Owl307

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 23, 2020, 09:11:20 AM
Quote from: Owl307 on September 22, 2020, 09:17:15 PM
In a cardboard box like everyone said. There was water in the bottom of the box because one of the bags was leaking and UPS dropped them off at the wrong house. Luckily the person saw live fish on the box and drove them to my house within a half hour. Thankfully they all made alive and are doing pretty well. I attached a photo of my favorite, it's covered in glitter!
...Wow!...you got really lucky with that shipment! |^|...Did the person that brought them to you know who you were?..

Nope! I was on the phone with UPS, they were going to have the driver re-trace his steps when a random vehicle stopped in front of my house and brought the box to me. I am extremely great full they were so quick to bring me the box. It could've ended very badly.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Owl307 on September 23, 2020, 09:26:46 AM
In a cardboard box like everyone said. There was water in the bottom of the box because one of the bags was leaking and UPS dropped them off at the wrong house. Luckily the person saw live fish on the box and drove them to my house within a half hour. Thankfully they all made alive and are doing pretty well. I attached a photo of my favorite, it's covered in glitter!
...Wow!...you got really lucky with that shipment! |^|...Did the person that brought them to you know who you were?..

Nope! I was on the phone with UPS, they were going to have the driver re-trace his steps when a random vehicle stopped in front of my house and brought the box to me. I am extremely great full they were so quick to bring me the box. It could've ended very badly.
...you must be living right! |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 23, 2020, 09:52:01 AM
Quote from: Owl307 on September 23, 2020, 09:26:46 AM

...you must be living right! |^| |^|

+1  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Glad they made it okay.
The glitter looks fantastic.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

That is a stunning Angelfish.  Are I would love some fry if you plan to breed in the future, as long as you don't ship them in a plain cardboard box ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Owl307

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 23, 2020, 01:31:05 PM
That is a stunning Angelfish.  Are I would love some fry if you plan to breed in the future, as long as you don't ship them in a plain cardboard box ::)

Haha for sure. I hope to get a pair out of them. With some good luck I might get two! Though I imagine that's more wishful thinking than anything. They've got a bit of growing to do still, they are a little larger than silver dollar sized right now.

Owl307

Some new photos, they are still very shy and hard to photograph as they get nervous and hide when I get close to the tank. They have been bickering all day and establish a pecking order. I edited the posts so the photos can be viewed larger.

Owl307

The 3rd and 4th fish. They are all very different. The smallest has the brightest blue sheen, the one with the most glitter has the bumpiest head shape, the one with the least glitter has the smoothest/ roundest body but the veil is set back slightly and the final fish is somewhere in middle of everybody.

Owl307

Just wanted to share! The angels have spawned already  |^| and have made it through the first 24 hours in a community tank! I'm incredibly impressed they've lasted this long and haven't been eaten yet. It's a small spawn but I'm excited to see how this goes, I've never had parent raisers before.

LizStreithorst

I bet you're on top of the world.  Hope they make it to wiggler stage.  When will you put the pair in their own breeding tank?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...that's great...isn't it interesting some of the places they pick to lay their spawn?... :D

...good luck with them!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Owl307

Thank you! I wasn't expecting a spawn so soon! I thought they were a little small to be honest. Sure surprised me! And they probably won't get their own tank until they prove to me they can parent raise to free wrigglers stage. I used to pull skates but I'm not too interested in doing that right now.

Owl307