• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:19:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 176
Total: 176

Getting back into things...

Started by Owl307, September 16, 2020, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owl307

When I moved across the states for college I left all my fish tanks behind. I dabbled a little in saltwater last year but had to sell the tank when I left for the military so it didn't crash while I was gone. But even while I was playing with corals and clownfish, I still missed my angelfish. So my sister handed me down a 60gallon tank to set up in the living room. I found new homes for all her fish and have started over. Completely rearranged the fake plants and driftwood. I've got 5 sterabai Cory cats in there now. Will add two more tomorrow. And I'm super excited for 4 wild cross veil angels coming from Angels Plus next Tuesday. Thinking rummy nose for the schooling fish since they move so nicely. Anyway, just wanted to share. I've missed this more than I can say.
With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

LizStreithorst

It's good to have you back in the game.  Once you're hooked I guess you're hooked for good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Owl307

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed the angels coming next Tuesday do well during shipment

ghonk

Quote from: Owl307 on September 17, 2020, 12:48:18 PM
Thanks guys! Fingers crossed the angels coming next Tuesday do well during shipment

Good thing you didn't order later in the year.
A guy i know ordered some wild crosses last  winter, delivered Dec.31,   to the Chicago area, shipped with NO styro.
I couldn't  believe it,Steve's been shipping for decades and did something that stupid.
Of course they were all DOA.
He did get refunded,but was pretty unset as he was waiting for some to become  available for a while.   

These were the fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoPyrNOMmsY&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3SsqL2dvfO0gDUgTEMbucbLa9YeLzbf78fc7cm9HfNq3-Wd8aqxzcJOYo

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Owl307

Holy cow, No styrofoam? That's crazy! Chicago winters get crazy cold. Especially by that late in December. Those were beautiful fish too, I have a soft spot for wilds. Did he order again? Most of Angels Plus reviews seem pretty good so I don't expect to have problems. But with the delays in shipping because of Covid I am worried a little. I've moved out to Nevada now and I believe he's in New York? I look forward to seeing them. Buying sight unseen makes me a little nervous. I've always been one for wysiwyg auctions, even if it's pricier, because I prefer to see what exactly I'm getting. They didn't have any standard fins available so I hope the veils have fins as straight as those in the video. I will post pictures when they arrive!

ghonk

I doubt you will have a problem with the quality of the fish.

When i  got my Dantums from him they were packaged the same way,no styro box.
Bag wrapped it some foam crap,and in a cardboard box.

I was upset to receive them that way,luckily the weather was good and they arrived fine.

I would NEVER ship fish without a styro,to much chance of a sudden temp change.

Hell charge me $5 for a styro box if you have to,but get them to me alive and in good shape.
Paul Simon

Owl307

Hmmm that's an odd way of shipping. I don't think I've ever received fish from other sellers without the styrofoam before. I would definitely pay the extra $5 for it. If I'm spending over $100 on fish the last thing I want is for them to be DOA.

LizStreithorst

I got fish shipped like that from Angels Plus.  I have not since purchased a live fish from them since.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Owl307

Definitely makes me more nervous to have them shipped so far like that. I'm very confused as to why he would ship this way. I guess it's had to have been working for him?  huh I'm surprised no one has mentioned this in any of the reviews I've read.

ghonk

Paul Simon

Owl307

In a cardboard box like everyone said. There was water in the bottom of the box because one of the bags was leaking and UPS dropped them off at the wrong house. Luckily the person saw live fish on the box and drove them to my house within a half hour. Thankfully they all made alive and are doing pretty well. I attached a photo of my favorite, it's covered in glitter!

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

I agree, just beautiful!  Why is it on a towel though?
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Owl307 on September 22, 2020, 09:17:15 PM
In a cardboard box like everyone said. There was water in the bottom of the box because one of the bags was leaking and UPS dropped them off at the wrong house. Luckily the person saw live fish on the box and drove them to my house within a half hour. Thankfully they all made alive and are doing pretty well. I attached a photo of my favorite, it's covered in glitter!
...Wow!...you got really lucky with that shipment! |^|...Did the person that brought them to you know who you were?..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron