• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 11:40:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 134
Total: 135

Rainy Thursday

Started by wsantia1, September 10, 2020, 06:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is raining and windy out as one of these Atlantic storms comes on shore. We are projected to get about 2 inches or so depending on the speed that it takes to pass through.

Some forecast have have it coming through and then coming back around?

Putzing, putzing and putzing. That's the theme of the day. Headed down to the fishroom in a few moments.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Mornin' Willie.  We also have rain, much needed, but the humidity is 86% out there now, very wet and steamy.  Hey Ron,I know you would love it!!  Wonder where Liz has been lately?  I will call her later today.  I have lots to do today, as usual.  Have a good day everyone,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi all.  Still no rain here.

I don't know why I haven't said anything for the past few days.  I've checked in to see what's up with y'all, I just didn't have anything to say huh

I haven't been doing anything new and interesting.  A little working outside, a good bit of cleaning inside, blah, blah, blah.  I've had my head stuck in a book the rest of the time. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 10, 2020, 10:48:41 AM
Hi all.  Still no rain here.

I don't know why I haven't said anything for the past few days.  I've checked in to see what's up with y'all, I just didn't have anything to say huh

I haven't been doing anything new and interesting.  A little working outside, a good bit of cleaning inside, blah, blah, blah.  I've had my head stuck in a book the rest of the time.
...hey Liz...as far as I know, you live alone with your animals and plants...try to let us know you're there daily...we need to stick together even this far apart! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...nice temp today...89...it was 64 when I woke up at 6 today...enjoyed cereal outside this morning, again...

Went to a new Gastro doc today...like him much better...we actually had a 2-way conversation about my gut history...many things I had worked out logically in my own mind, he was telling me...Jumped right on getting set to scope both ends...my Dad died of colon cancer...I've had polyps, so he wants to stay on top of it with me....yay! |^| |^| |^|

...we have friends, Ron and Nancy, in our old place in Florence who taught us to play Samba...we played many games with them and shared many meals together...Ron called me yesterday morning to tell me Nancy had died at about 4am...she had cystic fibrosis and had outlived what doctors had told her...a really good and warm woman...Ron is fine...he's grounded and has been giving her care for quite a while now...I'm going to visit him now because he's headed back to WA where they will lay her to rest...he won't be back for a month or so...I really miss him...

..later gang...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Ron, sorry about the loss of your friend.  And  glad you are getting scoped both ways.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 10, 2020, 04:41:36 PM
...nice temp today...89...it was 64 when I woke up at 6 today...enjoyed cereal outside this morning, again...

Went to a new Gastro doc today...like him much better...we actually had a 2-way conversation about my gut history...many things I had worked out logically in my own mind, he was telling me...Jumped right on getting set to scope both ends...my Dad died of colon cancer...I've had polyps, so he wants to stay on top of it with me....yay! |^| |^| |^|

...we have friends, Ron and Nancy, in our old place in Florence who taught us to play Samba...we played many games with them and shared many meals together...Ron called me yesterday morning to tell me Nancy had died at about 4am...she had cystic fibrosis and had outlived what doctors had told her...a really good and warm woman...Ron is fine...he's grounded and has been giving her care for quite a while now...I'm going to visit him now because he's headed back to WA where they will lay her to rest...he won't be back for a month or so...I really miss him...

..later gang...

Sorry to hear about your friend Ron. Happy to hear you are getting your scopes. My wife died of colon cancer in 2003.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 10, 2020, 07:43:00 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 10, 2020, 04:41:36 PM

..later gang...

Sorry to hear about your friend Ron. Happy to hear you are getting your scopes. My wife died of colon cancer in 2003.
....Linda has, but I haven't experienced the lose of a spouse...I'm sure that it is a very deep lose though...I'm sorry to hear of her death...
... I have a feeling that what's going to get me is esophageal cancer from all the GERD issues I've had...I've already been told I have Barrett's Esophagus which is a precancer condition...But I guess when it's time, it's time!,,,
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on September 10, 2020, 05:08:55 PM
Ron, sorry about the loss of your friend.  And  glad you are getting scoped both ways.
Barb
...thanks, Barb...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

[/quote]

... I have a feeling that what's going to get me is esophageal cancer from all the GERD issues I've had...I've already been told I have Barrett's Esophagus which is a precancer condition...But I guess when it's time, it's time!,,,
[/quote]

Ron I am hoping that your screenings all come back clean. Only good thoughts going your way.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I also am sorry about your friend.  As for being scoped better you than me.  I won't be due for the bottom up one for another 3 years.  I've never needed the down from the top one thank God.  I think that Barb always needs both because she has the same reflux thing as you.
Always move forward. Never look back.