• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 09:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 86
Total: 86

...SAS Swap Meet...

Started by Ron Sower, August 30, 2020, 11:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...It was a good one!...We had 179 people register and come through...I think I told you we held it at one of our sponsor's stores before he's actually opened to the public...It was a good way to introduce fish nerds to the store and to our club...we picked up 28 new members...

...as I went through and talked to the vendors, I found out that they were all happy....I sold and traded a lot of my Dragonstone features....I spent or traded out about $175 for stuff I wanted ...and still brought home more than that...! so it was a good day all around...

...our board members and committee chairs came through like the pros they have become... and it was great to see my aquarium nerd friends and meet new ones...

...I went over Friday and posted signs for masks and 6' spacing...well everyone wore masks, but the 6' spacing was a joke....you know how fish geeks and nerds like to congregate!...

...I picked up some yellow shrimp to add to my new group...they are actually from the same line I bought my originals from...looking forward to a couple months from now to have a strong colony of them...also picked up some Nug Bomz and Plamski shrimp foods...couple air pumps, couple 5.5g tanks and 50' of silicone tubing for when I'm ready to reset my shrimp rack...I'm going to do the lights today...

...talking with people, I picked up a couple new ideas to try out with my rock features...

...so many people are so ready to get back to our meetings and auctions and fun stuff...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You are a hard working and lucky man.  I know that you do more work than anyone to make your swaps successful.  You are lucky to have a population interested enough to support a swap.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2020, 01:59:51 PM
You are a hard working and lucky man.  I know that you do more work than anyone to make your swaps successful.  You are lucky to have a population interested enough to support a swap.
...thank you, Liz...that was a nice compliment...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 30, 2020, 02:31:51 PM

I second Liz's comment Ron. I can't wait for my club to start meeting again but we meet at a local high school and they are still closed. We have a lot of space so there would be no problem with mask and 6 feet but the school may still be worried about extracurricular activities.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 30, 2020, 05:08:41 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 30, 2020, 02:31:51 PM

I second Liz's comment Ron. I can't wait for my club to start meeting again but we meet at a local high school and they are still closed. We have a lot of space so there would be no problem with mask and 6 feet but the school may still be worried about extracurricular activities.
...Thank you Willie...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron