• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:49:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Sanguine Saturday

Started by BallAquatics, August 08, 2020, 04:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Doing some updates and thought I'd drop a quick post.  Forecast is calling for a beautiful day today.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Dennis

Barb

Hi Dennis, always good to see you here.  Check your pm later.
It is a nice sunny morning here, no rain or wind.  Lots to keep me busy here, as usual.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Dennis, Barb and everyone. After another night of T-Storms I woke up to sunny skies and temps in the mid 70s. It's going to get up to 83F with a slight chance of showers this afternoon/evening. Hopefully it will remain dry because the ground is very saturated all around us.

There's not really much going on around here today so I will just enjoy the front porch or my deck depending on where the sun is at any given moment.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

My back recovered enough for me to chainsaw again.  I was out there at 7:30, added gas, went to check the bar oil and darned if I didn't break the cap to it.  The Stihl place in Hattiesburg had the part but by the time I got home it was already 9 and starting to get hot.  I worked on it until I was hurting and tired.  All the scrub oaks and privet are woven up in vines so tossing it over the fence was a work out.  Finally I tried to amputate my leg (It's just a scratch) and I knew that I didn't dare keep working or I'd amputate something for sure.  I'll get back on it tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Hello, guys and gals...another day here of 107+...96 right now...

...what I had written yesterday and lost before i hit "post" included a lengthy spiel about a hard selling contractor sales person versus a soft selling one...we had 2 dif companies come look under our home...major concern wasA/C ducting because we weren't getting good air circulation....the first guy came back with a hard sell, high dollar approach to leveling the house and barely mentioned the ducting...wouldn't give us a written itemized quote, and pretty much dodged the ducting issue, did not even go under the house, showed us one photo that was taken from the entry of the crawlspace, and we caught him in a lie...we showed him the door...

..Thursday the second contractor came...he brought 2 people with him...the went under the house while he checked vents all through the house...showed us 30+ photos of the ducting problems (they were disintegrating and falling off the vent boots), assured us that our house was within the accepted norm of level, suggested alternative ways to support the flooring in my aquarium room so I can add more weight...gave us  clear concise itemized proposal, etc...so we hired them to do it...he got two crews in that afternoon and it was done within 4 hours and we had "after" photos to boot...The first guy really screwed up!...

...When they took the "before pics they showed 2 places with plumbing leaks...I so glad that we insisted the seller give provide us with a 2-10 Home Warranty in our contract to buy this place...I placed a claim on the leaks on Friday morning and he was out that afternoon to repair them...finished it up yesterday...

...Liz, tell me again...where do you get all that energy?...
...and Willie...Hope you dry out there a little...come on to AZ; it's dry here!..
...Dennis, whacha been doing?...good to hear from you!...
...Barb, sending you a PM...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron