• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:40:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

TGIF

Started by wsantia1, August 07, 2020, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yep it's Friday again. For the time being it beautiful outside with the current temp at 77 degrees and projected high at 81F under partly cloudy skies.

We have a very good chance of T-Storms this afternoon and rain is not what we need at this time.

Don't have anything planned for today so I will be hanging out in the fishroom for the time being.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, isn't it good to have your fishroom?  No matter what else going on you always have that room to go to and work or just watch.  I feel the same with my plant rooms (2 of them) and my tanks throught the house. 
'
Weather is nice today, 80 now and humid, but not bad.  Sun and clouds.  NC still has a lot of cleanup and repair from the storm.  Sure hope that is the only one we get here, but with 3 1/2 mo to go in hurricane season, it is unlikely.

I ordered a bike today!  I can hardly wait to get it and our son or sil will put it together for me.  It is purple!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Cool, Barb!  I used to race bicycles just like your son does?  Did you ask his advice on what kind of bike to buy?  A decent quality one will give you pleasure for as long as you choose to ride it.  You have a "bicycle mechanic" in the family who enjoys doing top quality maintenance.  Nobody who buys what is referred to as a piece of junk keeps using it for long.  Now that you know where I stand on the BICYCLE ISSUE tell me what kind of bike you are getting.

After a big chainsawing and limb hauling and tossing yesterday I'm recovering today.  Yesterday I felt so strong after working that I decided that I needed to spray round up.  I filled up the 3 gallon sprayer.  I usually put the sprayer on Charlotte's tail gate and then get into it.  Charlotte was parked in a different place.  I looked at that sprayer and knew that I could sling it up on my back and I did it!  It didn't even kill me!  I would never have been able to do that last year.  Please tell me why I have a degenerative condition and instead of degenerating I am regenerating.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

The nice day I woke up to is still here but just a little bit more humid. I got all of my water changes done and talked for a while with daughter and grandkids now I am in total relax mode. I think I'll go on my deck and watch the birds for a while.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

When Jon assembles it for me, he used to work in a bike shop, I will have him take a pic of me with it.  It isn't expensive but it should do for my needs, just riding around the neighborhood, all flat.  Lots of bike riding here, little kids to seniors, lots on bikes.
Barb

Ron Sower

...i just wrote several paragraphs and accidentally lost it...not going to rewrite now...S&B are coming to play cards this afternoon...

...Hope all are doing well...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Great idea with the bike Barb!  Noting like sunshine and fresh air from two wheels.  It's been a few years, but my son and I used to ride the Rails to Trails network of bike trails in this area.

Dennis