• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 152
Total: 154

Hello Thursday

Started by wsantia1, August 06, 2020, 07:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's been another wild morning here in Delaware. We've had big time thunderstorms rolling through here and coming behind all of the rain we got from Isaias on Tuesday we have flooded roads all around us.

Not a good start to the day and we will be getting scattered T-Storms throughout the afternoon. It is currently 68 degrees with our high temp expected at 79F.

I haven't decided what I am going to do the rest of the day but there will be water changes.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Oh Willie, what a mess. 

I got out at 7 to chain saw.  I didn't even last an hour.  The bending that goes along with the heavy chainsaw whups my ass.  After a bit of a rest I'll make a few trips up the road with Charlotte and pick up all the cut stuff.  At least I'm done with this side of the fence.  The next job is to tackle the other side.  Once I get that done, the fence rows will look neat with only my Iris and a few wild flowers growing along it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, yes it is wet here now too, some storm cleanup going on in NC but our city did OK.  I am having another hard day, but am OK.  Will be back tomorrow, you two take care of yourselves.  Liz call me when you get your phone back.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I will, first thing but don't hold your breath.  It won't be until one day next week.

Ron Sower

...the day flies by when you're having fun...!

...Actually, we accomplished one major thing...we went to see a consultant to inquire about making some major changes in our Trust...learned that it will cost almost as much as setting it up in the first place..! huh  Oh well...still gonna do it...may shop it around for different lawyer fees...

...yesterday we had a fellow come by from a company that specializes in leveling and duct work on manufactured homes...they did thorough under-the-house inspection and showed us pictures they took under there...the flexible ducting was a mess and some had even disconnected from the boots of the registers...we knew something was wrong because we weren't getting air through vents any more that we were getting 3 months ago...we decided to get the work done ASAP and he said, "How about today!" ...they brought 2 crews in and had 8-9 guys under the house and 2 in the house getting everything done in 4 hours....!!!!! |^| |^| |^| |^|  We'd had another fella come couple weeks ago and all he wanted to do was hard sell us on a very expensive leveling contract without even writing up an estimate....We showed him the door...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Ron I am looking forward to a pic of your new home when you can do it.  Do you still have lots of work left to do on it?  Or maybe always a work in progress like all houses? I need to get ours pressure washed soon.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, why not buy a pressure washer and do it yourself?  I have the most powerful electric model.  It has wheels so it's easy to move around.  It's kind of a fun job.  Which reminds me...my house needs it again, too.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 07, 2020, 09:38:47 AM
Barb, why not buy a pressure washer and do it yourself?  I have the most powerful electric model.  It has wheels so it's easy to move around.  It's kind of a fun job.  Which reminds me...my house needs it again, too.

So does mine. I'll pressure wash mine sometime in September. My pressure washer has wheels but it's not too heavy. I've had it for around 5 years but last year was the first time I ever used  it. huh
Willie

Barb

I do have a pressure washer but our house is too high in many places for it to reach.  Our neighbor's son does the whole job, takes him 3-4 hrs. and only charges me $100. 
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on August 07, 2020, 08:57:25 AM
Ron I am looking forward to a pic of your new home when you can do it.  Do you still have lots of work left to do on it?  Or maybe always a work in progress like all houses? I need to get ours pressure washed soon.
Barb
...I could do pics...but it's hard for me to get them to upload here....I have to reduce each one and it takes several reductions to get it the right size wfwf...anyone know an easy way to do that?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That's why I don't post more pics.  The reducing is a real pain.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 07, 2020, 03:17:12 PM
Quote from: Barb on August 07, 2020, 08:57:25 AM
Barb
...I could do pics...but it's hard for me to get them to upload here....I have to reduce each one and it takes several reductions to get it the right size wfwf...anyone know an easy way to do that?...

Use Web Resizer. All it take is one shot to make it small enough to post.

http://webresizer.com/resizer/
Willie