• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92

Another hump day is here

Started by Barb, August 05, 2020, 05:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends.  I am sitting next to my pond with coffee and my laptop. Very peaceful and quiet, just  the sound of the waterfall.  And some distant traffic.  I have lots to do today so will soon get at it.  Hope you all have a good day.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I didn't realize how bad yesterday's storm was until I was informed late last night that a tornado did touch down less than a mile from my house.

It tore the roof off of a Mr. Tire auto shop where I have gotten my car serviced and flipped over 3 tractor/trailers on Rt. 1 which is a major highway here. That was a close call.

Today it is much different. Clear skies, projected high temps in the mid 80s and a minimal chance of rain make for a beautiful day.

I have to get down to Sam's Club this morning to get some coffee and other necessary items. The road that takes me there was closed yesterday because the tornado passed through there. Hopefully I can get through there today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Having one that close is for sure scarey.  I'll be delivering fish to the fish store later this morning, and stopping by the phone store to give them my credit card.  They found a screen for my phone and need a down payment before they order it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

,,,hey all...

...gonna be another warm & sunny one here today... I'll do WC on the Congo tank because i didn't get it last weekend...I've not been happy with the overall appearance of the tank, mostly due to the different plants I'm cultivating now...several different swords and and such...I enjoyed raising the Rotalas more...they grow faster and fill in the areas better...not sure if I want to go back to them or not...we'll see!...

...I'll probably post a pot-stirring message on the FB page of my former neighborhood down in Florence today...I have a beef with the Board of Directors and have been emailing them...I put in a request that got onto the agenda and at the meeting it was blown off by the presiding officer...when I questioned him by email about it he said the BD met the day before and verbally voted to deny the request...being denied was not the problem for me...but the secret meeting was...! Arizona law only allows for closed doing sessions that require a vote as part of the regular board meeting when the BOD retires to another room and deals with it and then returns to the regular board meeting....These directors are going to get their hineys in legal trouble if they keep this up...I fought against it constantly when I was on that board....Thank you! My rant is over now! :D :D :D

...moving on...I have a list of 12 things to get done today...guess I better get started...

...Have a good day, you guys!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I gave up on clubs a long time ago.  There's always a fight.  It's never worth joining to me.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 05, 2020, 02:07:59 PM
I gave up on clubs a long time ago.  There's always a fight.  It's never worth joining to me.
...our club does fine...we all have pretty much the same goals in mind....my rant is about the board at the RV park we moved from to come here...we still have property there that we rent out, so I keep an eye out for the things the board does...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron